Problem with my CL locking into EVF mode (solved, but read for interest)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

It's been a two year hiatus on using my CL after I bought the Q2. I picked up my CL today and encountered a problem I can't seem to resolve. I'm hoping someone here can provide guidance.

I have the camera's Display setting (page 3 of the menu) set to EVF-LCD Auto. When I turn on the camera the LCD screen is active for about 10 seconds and then shuts off. I can't get it to reactivate except by changing the Display Settings to 'LCD, which deactivates the viewfinder; or turning off the power and restarting which presents the same issues after 10 seconds. The battery indicator shows full power.

Holy cow....this is interesting. I was about to post this issue when I moved the camera another foot from my body  and the EVF-LCD came back to full functionality. I am wearing a bright blue turtleneck sweater and the camera remained about 12 inches (30cm) from my body. It seems as if the camera was reading my turtleneck as an eye and stayed in EVF mode. Who would have thought this was an issue?

Eye-piece activated (or AUTO) had been set, I presume. Proximity to your body is the clue.  I prefer to activate the EVF/SCREEN by a setting on the Function key. Then I am always in control. I save that into my default user profile, so it is always available iif I set that default profile.