Workflow on an iPad Pro

Knipsknecht

Advertisement (gone after registration)

One more tip: if you want to see the files at a pixel level for whatever reason you can’t do that in LR because it’s zoom view does not automatically go to 100% and if you zoom in manually there’s no way of knowing where 100% is. So instead, get your edits and sharpening done in LR then send it to Photoshop and you can set the zoom level to 100%. 

But…. iPad Pro screen resolution is 264 PPI which is too dense to accurately assess images for focus and motion issues.

So…. if you usually print to, say 200 PPI/DPI then just divide 264 into 200 = 1.32 the set the zoom level in PS to 132% and you will be seeing the images at the same physical size at which you’d print it and you can therefore assess its suitability for that purpose.  

Edited by tashley
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I personally find the convenience of Apple Photos library pretty great, and the built-in Photos app on an iPad/Mac/iPhone can handle the DNG files of an M11 quite capably. So I just import all my photos straight into Photos. It lets you use raw files, whether edited or unedited, as usable photos in your photo library, so you don't have to export them to enjoy them casually. Obviously this isn't for professional photographers or people who want the very, very best for such an expensive camera. It's *not* a replacement for something like Lightroom. But I find that it's a good 80-90% solution that solves my biggest desire: I want the photos to just live in one cohesive photo library with cloud storage, on all my devices, and easy to access next to my other photos, without having a complicated workflow.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wdahab said:

I personally find the convenience of Apple Photos library pretty great, and the built-in Photos app on an iPad/Mac/iPhone can handle the DNG files of an M11 quite capably. So I just import all my photos straight into Photos. It lets you use raw files, whether edited or unedited, as usable photos in your photo library, so you don't have to export them to enjoy them casually. Obviously this isn't for professional photographers or people who want the very, very best for such an expensive camera. It's *not* a replacement for something like Lightroom. But I find that it's a good 80-90% solution that solves my biggest desire: I want the photos to just live in one cohesive photo library with cloud storage, on all my devices, and easy to access next to my other photos, without having a complicated workflow.

Crikey! Cloud storage at ±60mb per shot! Apple are going to be sending the limo out to take you shooting!

Edited by tashley
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, tashley said:

Crikey! Cloud storage at ±60mb per shot! Apple are going to be sending the limo out to take you shooting!

You can get 2TB Apple cloud storage for $10/month, and it's easy to get up to 4TB with one of their bundles. That's about 60,000 M11 DNG files at 60MP, and I've been shooting down at18MP for more casual shots. In 5-10 years, maybe I'll need to start thinking about more storage. By no means is this a professional setup, but it's a good amateur setup.

• Thanks 1