What is your camera bag for the sl ?

Torpille

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hopefully my wife never finds this post  😂. I have several bags I use for different purposes. Without further Ado here's the list:

*Wotancraft pilot backpack: for when I want to carry everything for travel to a destination. Fits Leica sl2 , Leica Q2, Leica 35mm summicron sl, Leica 75 summicron sl, over ear headphones, 15-16 MacBook pro, iPad pro plus a few other items if I need to. It also has extra accessory packs that can attach to it to create additional room

*Wotancraft Ryker medium: leather shoulder bag that's now discontinued. I really love the look even though like someone mentioned up thread once you add the sl system to a bag shoulder carry seems a bit uncomfortable to me. Anyway I typically carry q2 and Leica sl2 with one summicron mounted for this bag. I only use it for date night here in NYC due to the weight of q2 + sl2 and summicron sl. If or when I ever acquire an M system I think it'll be the perfect bag for that.

*Billingham rucksack 35: I use this as daily carry bag. Typically have Q2 and sl2 with one summicron sl attached. I use this same bag for leisure or weekend travel and can add a book, 11 inch ipad pro and I use a carabiner to clip on my over ear headphones on the outside of the bag. It also has loops to add extra accessories or even mount a tripod on the outside of the bag. I think it's also a gorgeous bag and yes it gets more supple as time goes on. I live in NYC and I've had this bad through multiple torrential downpours of snow or rain and nothing ever happens inside wrt elements.

*Billingham Hadley digital: shoulder bag but very small. I don't think it can fit the sl2 comfortably, maybe the  native summicron but I think anything bigger will be out of scope for this bag. My first billingham and I used it a lot when I lived in the south east of USA and  drove to every destination. Was my daily carry wherever I went for the q2 and my Fuji x system before that.

*Filson weatherproof journeyman: my latest obsession, or acquisition (depending on who you ask ☺️). This isn't a camera bag but I've always wanted one and couldn't afford it till recently. It's really big, but I use the billingham rucksack 35 insert. It can fit your use case op if you buy an appropriate insert. The filson  journeyman bags are currently out of stock on their USA website but rumor has it they'll restock soon. The bag fits 15-16 MacBook pro (pre m1), a few books, over ear headphones, and everything others and I said about the rucksack 35. Most importantly I love the way it looks.

A theme you'll see with my bags is that I love well made products and products where the manufacturer have great customer service. In addition I love a lifetime warranty, I don't know if they all still offer this but they all offer very high quality products that last a long time. Most of these are also weather resistant to an extent which is important to me 😉

Happy shooting!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, cheekz4dayz said:

Hopefully my wife never finds this post  😂. I have several bags I use for different purposes. Without further Ado here's the list:

*Wotancraft pilot backpack: for when I want to carry everything for travel to a destination. Fits Leica sl2 , Leica Q2, Leica 35mm summicron sl, Leica 75 summicron sl, over ear headphones, 15-16 MacBook pro, iPad pro plus a few other items if I need to. It also has extra accessory packs that can attach to it to create additional room

*Wotancraft Ryker medium: leather shoulder bag that's now discontinued. I really love the look even though like someone mentioned up thread once you add the sl system to a bag shoulder carry seems a bit uncomfortable to me. Anyway I typically carry q2 and Leica sl2 with one summicron mounted for this bag. I only use it for date night here in NYC due to the weight of q2 + sl2 and summicron sl. If or when I ever acquire an M system I think it'll be the perfect bag for that.

*Billingham rucksack 35: I use this as daily carry bag. Typically have Q2 and sl2 with one summicron sl attached. I use this same bag for leisure or weekend travel and can add a book, 11 inch ipad pro and I use a carabiner to clip on my over ear headphones on the outside of the bag. It also has loops to add extra accessories or even mount a tripod on the outside of the bag. I think it's also a gorgeous bag and yes it gets more supple as time goes on. I live in NYC and I've had this bad through multiple torrential downpours of snow or rain and nothing ever happens inside wrt elements.

*Billingham Hadley digital: shoulder bag but very small. I don't think it can fit the sl2 comfortably, maybe the  native summicron but I think anything bigger will be out of scope for this bag. My first billingham and I used it a lot when I lived in the south east of USA and  drove to every destination. Was my daily carry wherever I went for the q2 and my Fuji x system before that.

*Filson weatherproof journeyman: my latest obsession, or acquisition (depending on who you ask ☺️). This isn't a camera bag but I've always wanted one and couldn't afford it till recently. It's really big, but I use the billingham rucksack 35 insert. It can fit your use case op if you buy an appropriate insert. The filson  journeyman bags are currently out of stock on their USA website but rumor has it they'll restock soon. The bag fits 15-16 MacBook pro (pre m1), a few books, over ear headphones, and everything others and I said about the rucksack 35. Most importantly I love the way it looks.

A theme you'll see with my bags is that I love well made products and products where the manufacturer have great customer service. In addition I love a lifetime warranty, I don't know if they all still offer this but they all offer very high quality products that last a long time. Most of these are also weather resistant to an extent which is important to me 😉

Happy shooting!

I am also a Filson bags fan but did not see the journeyman bag on their website. Could you post the link? Thanks.

On 2/10/2022 at 8:18 PM, robb said:

will likely go with a billingham large messenger style bag like a Hadley pro (large)

The Hadley One will provide more space than the 2020 Hadley Pro, and nicely holds an SL kit, especially if you use the zooms. It even holds the 90-280 vertically.  

Jeff

On 2/27/2022 at 1:45 PM, Pixeleater said:

I am also a Filson bags fan but did not see the journeyman bag on their website. Could you post the link? Thanks.

Hey so it’s currently out of stock and I think they plan to restock soon. Here’s a link to a review of my version on YouTube: 

14 hours ago, robb said:

Hadley pro large is even bigger than either of those (one, pro 2020).  I think it can actually hold a 16” laptop, but may be too big if there is such a thing.

Robb

I prefer the Hadley One, both in terms of size and design features.  The Large lacks a proper top handle, trolley strap, etc, provided in the One and updated Pro 2020. 

Jeff

• Thanks 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

13 hours ago, cheekz4dayz said:

Hey so it’s currently out of stock and I think they plan to restock soon. Here’s a link to a review of my version on YouTube: 

Thanks for sharing. I own their original briefcase in waterproof leather. It's very well made and attractive. It's no longer on their website but can be found elsewhere.

8 hours ago, Pixeleater said:

Thanks for sharing. I own their original briefcase in waterproof leather. It's very well made and attractive. It's no longer on their website but can be found elsewhere.

No problem at all! Yeah, I really, really love their leather products!
I'm sure that briefcase looks excellent :D

22 hours ago, cheekz4dayz said:

No problem at all! Yeah, I really, really love their leather products!
I'm sure that briefcase looks excellent :D

I live in the Seattle area and occasionally visit their flagship store. The leather products are all there which makes a purchase fun.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
On 1/21/2022 at 5:17 AM, Malabito said:

As many, i have multiple bags, depends on what i am going to be Shooting.

- Domke F2

- Thinktank Retrospective 6

- WANDRD PRVKE 21L - (great backpack, but should have gone with the 31L)

- And i have an older KATA bag that fits tons of gear in case i need to carry everything.

Hi

Does the SL fit the PRVKE 21?  Can the SL fit through the side quick access pocket?

Thanks  

4 hours ago, TAFFY said:

Thanks a lot.  I feel the same way as you for buying the PRVKE 21 :)

Here is a pict with the sl and m inside.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I use the peak design bag 

best bag I ever used. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Pelu2010 said:

I use the peak design bag 

best bag I ever used. 

I have one, but haven't used it much. How do you use it? I came across a YouTube video where the guy uses this backpack and stores his camera vertically with the lens attached. I'm not sure I want to do that.

14 minutes ago, John Smith said:

I have one, but haven't used it much. How do you use it? I came across a YouTube video where the guy uses this backpack and stores his camera vertically with the lens attached. I'm not sure I want to do that.

I use it for everyday. 

If I go with the bike- backpack.

walking - backpack. 

shooting - backpack. 

I have the q2 in the top case 

and what ever I need in the other compartments. (SL2s , lenses, flash) 

And for traveling absolut excellent. 

kind regards Peter 

On 1/20/2023 at 8:15 AM, Pelu2010 said:

I use it for everyday. 

If I go with the bike- backpack.

walking - backpack. 

shooting - backpack. 

I have the q2 in the top case 

and what ever I need in the other compartments. (SL2s , lenses, flash) 

And for traveling absolut excellent. 

kind regards Peter 

I am interested in how you are packing it with the SL2s. There is a YouTuber who has configured the backpack vertically and packs in a Sony with a lens attached. I'm not sure that is a good idea as it could put a lot of pressure on the mount.Seems as if you need to pack it without any of the SL lenses attached.