What is your camera bag for the sl ?

Torpille

Advertisement (gone after registration)

If I'm carrying one body & 2 lenses -VE24-90mm & VE90-280mm- I use the  ONA Brixton which comfortably takes the SL2 or SL2-S  with grip attached & both lenses with space to spare.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 4

I found the comfortable way to carry this system is with a small backpack.

With a shoulder bag all the weight is on one shoulder. Not good.

Lowe Pro has several options which allow you to put your camera lens etc in the bottom and easily access camera with zoom attached in seconds, and space for a jacket, sweater, snacks etc. in the top section. Mine is a Lowepro Fastpack BP250.Not too heavy unloaded either. Love it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/20/2022 at 4:00 PM, lawman said:

Alas, this bag is very similar to the much lamented discontinued Filson camera bag - but without the insert. Do you use an insert here?  I thought that a Billingham insert might work well?

No insert here, no. Just throw the SL2s in a beanie with a lens mounted on each, and then the other SL lens just hangs out in its pouch. 

On 1/20/2022 at 5:58 PM, drkgrrts said:

I use the Billingham 35 rucksack, with a two-lens combination like you suggest (either SVE-SL 16-35 + Summilux-SL, or SVE-SL 16-35 plus Vario 24-90). Given the weight of the lenses, I find a rucksack to be a more comfortable solution than a shoulderbag. 

I ordered a Billingham 35 after reading some good reviews, got it today and I have to say, its small and not particularly comfortable to wear. I can't see how you'd ever fit an SL with a lens attached and anything else in that tiny pouch - am I missing something?????

3 hours ago, trickness said:

I ordered a Billingham 35 after reading some good reviews, got it today and I have to say, its small and not particularly comfortable to wear. I can't see how you'd ever fit an SL with a lens attached and anything else in that tiny pouch - am I missing something?????

That’s why I prefer the larger Rucksack 25. I can fit SL2 with SL 24-90, 90-280 and either a prime or some accessories. It’s quite comfortable, for me. The Hadley One can serve a similar purpose when a shoulder bag is preferred.

Jeff

26 minutes ago, Jeff S said:

That’s why I prefer the larger Rucksack 25. I can fit SL2 with SL 24-90, 90-280 and either a prime or some accessories. It’s quite comfortable, for me. The Hadley One can serve a similar purpose when a shoulder bag is preferred.

Jeff

Thx- Yeah I didn’t go for the 25 because I really just wanted a bag to carry extra M & SL lenses and batteries as the camera would be in my hand while street shooting. The 35 just feels really stiff and not particularly comfortable, wondering if these bags break in over time?

Edited by trickness

vor 14 Stunden schrieb trickness:

Here's a configuration in which the Billingham 35 insert can hold an SL plus 4 lenses. (The fourth one could be a smaller manual prime kept in the pouch below the Summilux.) It's compact, but it's doable. Admittedly, the Billingham 35 is a bag that intends to be stylish (whether it succeeds is a matter of taste), and as such, it probably suits city usage better than trekking or professional assignments.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, drkgrrts said:

Here's a configuration in which the Billingham 35 insert can hold an SL plus 4 lenses. (The fourth one could be a smaller manual prime kept in the pouch below the Summilux.) It's compact, but it's doable. Admittedly, the Billingham 35 is a bag that intends to be stylish (whether it succeeds is a matter of taste), and as such, it probably suits city usage better than trekking or professional assignments.  

wow, that must be HEAVY! Thanks for sharing.

Have you found that the bag breaks in at all? Mine just feels very stiff and not particularly comfortable to wear. I'm fairly broad shouldered so that might be a factor.

• Like 1

having written off my Osprey Daylite as a goer for the SL2, I have reconsidered

here it is with an SL2 with lumix 70-300 mounted and a sigma 45/2.8(have also carried 24/2) plus wallet, fingerless gloves(Raynaud's) and the mandatory spare battery

• Like 1

Thinktank Urban Access 8 which carries my SL2-S with Sigma 24, 35 and 65 and room to spare for the 105 macro if I wish.

Edited by aj55
typo
  • Like 1

On 1/25/2022 at 2:09 PM, XRayGuy said:

I use the Oberwerth SL Medium with the optional handgrip (it gets a bit much for the shoulder after a while).  That bag is basically designed for the SL2/S with a 24-90 and one Summicron SL lens and it is beautiful.   I would agree with drkgrrts above though that in general the SLsystem does seem to be more comfortably transported in a backpack.

https://int.oberwerth.com/products/the-sl-medium

I use this Oberwerth shoulder pad when I need to load up the bag and/or long carry hours. Makes a big difference IMO.

https://us.oberwerth.com/products/extra-schulterpolster?shpxid=bfafde5d-ce9f-4252-a93c-ba97caef342b

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2022 at 2:00 PM, lawman said:

Alas, this bag is very similar to the much lamented discontinued Filson camera bag - but without the insert. Do you use an insert here?  I thought that a Billingham insert might work well?

I use the Billingham Hadley Pro insert in my Filson for SL + 2 lenses

• Like 1