What is your camera bag for the sl ?

Torpille

As many, i have multiple bags, depends on what i am going to be Shooting.

- Domke F2

- Thinktank Retrospective 6

- WANDRD PRVKE 21L - (great backpack, but should have gone with the 31L)

- And i have an older KATA bag that fits tons of gear in case i need to carry everything.

1 hour ago, hellobrandonscott said:

I use the Filson Heritage Sportsman bag and love it. Doesn't look like a camera bag, because it isn't. Stores a couple SL2s, Q2, a three APO lenses nicely. 

https://www.filson.com/hunting-fishing/heritage-sportsman-bag-1.html

Alas, this bag is very similar to the much lamented discontinued Filson camera bag - but without the insert. Do you use an insert here?  I thought that a Billingham insert might work well?

It depends...

* Billingham Hadley Pro Small (1x SL2 & 1x Apo-Summicron 28 or 50 or 90)

* Billingham Hadley Pro 2020 (1x SL2 & 3x Apo-Summicron 28/50/90)

* Peak Design Backpack 20L (2x SL2 & 3x Apo-Summicrons...)

* Using Billingham Inserts for various "non-photographic" bags/backpacks...

• Like 2

I use the Oberwerth SL Medium with the optional handgrip (it gets a bit much for the shoulder after a while).  That bag is basically designed for the SL2/S with a 24-90 and one Summicron SL lens and it is beautiful.   I would agree with drkgrrts above though that in general the SLsystem does seem to be more comfortably transported in a backpack.

https://int.oberwerth.com/products/the-sl-medium

Edited by XRayGuy
Added a link to the bag I mentioned

Thinktank Retrospective 7 shoulder bag. Not a big fan of shoulder bags but this as good as any.

fstop Guru ( older version). I have a bad back and in my opinion Fstop makes the most comfortable backpacks for walking around all day.  

Not a bag, but Pelican 1500 case. Indestructible and ultimate protection when conditions are demanding.

13 hours ago, Virob said:

Thinktank Retrospective 7 shoulder bag. Not a big fan of shoulder bags but this as good as any.

fstop Guru ( older version). I have a bad back and in my opinion Fstop makes the most comfortable backpacks for walking around all day.  

Not a bag, but Pelican 1500 case. Indestructible and ultimate protection when conditions are demanding.

I've had the think tank 7 for years and used to carry a CL and a TL2 with a lens each and another one or two spares in it!

But I can't get it to work as well for me with the SL2 and Q2 combo, ok with Q2 naturally but the SL2 only with m lenses really.

Also my back is not what it was and some sort of backpack/sling is likely better.

Have tried an Osprey Daylite sling which works well for the Q2 but not the SL2.

My Shimoda Action 30 back pack is the 'pups' for hiking and saved my Q2 when capsized on a river trip, CL in hand at time did not survive, but it  is nowhere near being an everyday sort of bag.

Beginning to understand why you end up with quite a few.

I have pretty much three bags for my SL system (not including my Think Tank Streetwalker backpack)

My larger bag is a Billingham 307, which fits the SL2-S, 24-90, and the  SL 35 and 50 or a few M lenses, batteries, blower, etc. It's is kind of my 'hold-all' bag.

My medium bag is the Billingham Mini Eventer, (which I haven't used yet) but it would definitely fit the SL, 24-90 and at least one SL lens and some accessories

And finally, my small-ish bag a Billingham SL bag, which is extremely well-padded, but only fits the SL/SL2/SL2-S with either the 24-90 or other SL lens attached  - sorry guys, it won't fit the petite, 90-280 (:-)

The great thing about the Billingham system is that is you begin to outgrow your bag, they make these Avea Padded Pouches, which securely attach to the ends of the bag, which literally buys you added space for accessories or even a lens.

I guess that you can say that I like Billingham Bags!

-Brad

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bherman01545 said:

I have pretty much three bags for my SL system (not including my Think Tank Streetwalker backpack)

My larger bag is a Billingham 307, which fits the SL2-S, 24-90, and the  SL 35 and 50 or a few M lenses, batteries, blower, etc. It's is kind of my 'hold-all' bag.

My medium bag is the Billingham Mini Eventer, (which I haven't used yet) but it would definitely fit the SL, 24-90 and at least one SL lens and some accessories

And finally, my small-ish bag a Billingham SL bag, which is extremely well-padded, but only fits the SL/SL2/SL2-S with either the 24-90 or other SL lens attached  - sorry guys, it won't fit the petite, 90-280 (:-)

The great thing about the Billingham system is that is you begin to outgrow your bag, they make these Avea Padded Pouches, which securely attach to the ends of the bag, which literally buys you added space for accessories or even a lens.

I guess that you can say that I like Billingham Bags!

-Brad

I do love my Billingham bags too! I’ve got a, now discontinued f-stop 1.4 with two Avea pouches. Fits my SL2-S with Sigma 100-400, CL with 23mm lens and all the chargers and accessories. 

Fogg b-major. I can, just, get the SL2-S and both 24-90 and 90-280 in it. It is a heavy combination, but it's a convenient way of walking to an event where I need both; when it's camera plus one lens in hand, and the other lens in the bag it doesn't feel too bad. The fact that the strap goes fully around the bag is important to me.

For going to a session by bike or car, I have one of the Lowepro backpacks - Roadrunner AW, I think, but not the current version with wheels. This can also carry my flash kit and a couple of lightweight stands strapped outside.