SL2-S Voigtländer lens profiles

B0tt0mline

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Dear all,

I got my SL2-S and I am really happy with the results.

I have the Voigtländer 50mm 2.0 APO and the Voigtländer 90mm 2.8 and plan to get the Voigtländer 21mm 3,5 as well.

Which lens profiles should I select in the camera? There are so many to choose from and I am not sure where to start.

Thank you very much!

5 hours ago, B0tt0mline said:

Dear all,

I got my SL2-S and I am really happy with the results.

I have the Voigtländer 50mm 2.0 APO and the Voigtländer 90mm 2.8 and plan to get the Voigtländer 21mm 3,5 as well.

Which lens profiles should I select in the camera? There are so many to choose from and I am not sure where to start.

Thank you very much!

I just pick one that’s close to the same parameters.  Activation of the IBIS is my only reason for doing so.  I shoot strictly DNG and apply the correct lens profile in LR to get a better correction anyway.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Ba Erv:

I just pick one that’s close to the same parameters.  Activation of the IBIS is my only reason for doing so.  I shoot strictly DNG and apply the correct lens profile in LR to get a better correction anyway.

Thank you!

How do you do this in LR? How do you select a Voigtländer lens in LR?

42 minutes ago, B0tt0mline said:

Thank you!

How do you do this in LR? How do you select a Voigtländer lens in LR?

It’s in the Develop Module under Lens Corrections, check the “Enable Profile Corrections” box.  Below that you’ll find “Lens Profile”, chose the Make and Model of your specific lens from the drop down menu.

Edited by Ba Erv

• 8 months later...

hi , I am facing some problem mounting a voglander 50mm F1.2 lens onto the SL2S. The camera keeps detecting it as a leica 21mm and this has rendered the camera not usable as it doesn't allow me to force the profile (occasionally works). Anyone face a similar issue mounting your VM lens onto your SLS2?  thanks for sharing in advance! 

1 hour ago, NotaPhotographer said:

hi , I am facing some problem mounting a voglander 50mm F1.2 lens onto the SL2S. The camera keeps detecting it as a leica 21mm and this has rendered the camera not usable as it doesn't allow me to force the profile (occasionally works). Anyone face a similar issue mounting your VM lens onto your SLS2?  thanks for sharing in advance! 

I would imagine you own the 21 mm and set it In the settings to 21 . I would think that your 21 mm is not sixbit coded. So when the adapter doesn't see another lens with the sixbit code, it just goes back to the previous one. In any case, if you have updated the Firmware on yourCamera then you should be able just to choose 50 millimeter manually from another list.