Best place to sell a Q2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I looked at the classifieds section on this forum and will likely post my q2 there. But I wondered if anyone else has any ideas of where to post Leica equipment to get the best price possible.  A dealer is likely not going to give me the best price ( or to to a new buyer either! ) and I really don’t like the idea of using eBay ( scammers and PayPal etc ). 

so I wondered if any folks had any suggestions of other, safer avenues to use to sell my mint condition q2

Thanks for any tips 

I recently sold my Contax T2 for €900 on donedeal.ie, an Irish buy and sell website, which cost me nothing to place the ad. Met the buyer, showed him the camera, gave him my Iban, funds arrived next day, met up same day and gave him the camera.

Maybe find a similar website in your country?

I also have no interest selling my gear on ebay and paying exorbitant selling fees.

On 1/18/2022 at 6:19 PM, thinkscientist said:

I looked at the classifieds section on this forum and will likely post my q2 there. But I wondered if anyone else has any ideas of where to post Leica equipment to get the best price possible.  A dealer is likely not going to give me the best price ( or to to a new buyer either! ) and I really don’t like the idea of using eBay ( scammers and PayPal etc ). 

so I wondered if any folks had any suggestions of other, safer avenues to use to sell my mint condition q2. 

Thanks for any tips 

For Leica gear, I sell to Leica Store Miami. They give you straight-up 80% of market value for trade-in or 70% if you want cash. 

• Thanks 1

Another vote for Fred Miranda buy/sell. For NYC, Craigslist has been a solid channel for me. Have sold Leica SL2, Q2, M10 and several other items through CL. Contrary to popular opinion, it is safe if observing commonsense - meet in a public place, World Trade Center or similar is best.

Also try GetDPI.com buy/sell - it is free. But any online sale will involve PayPal, so you can't avoid it.

You can also reach out to Popflash.com for a consignment sale - you set your price and if it sells, they keep 20% if I recall correctly. 

Edited by ravinj
  • Thanks 1

Common sense prevails to ensure no funny business, regardless of route. Per the advice of my handful of real-life Leicaphile friends, Fred Miranda has been the bar none go-to for selling Leica gear at market value.

LSM would be the route I go if both convenience and new Leica gear are part of the equation.

• Like 1