Off Topic (from The Leica M11 images thread)

evikne

Advertisement (gone after registration)

5 hours ago, Herr Barnack said:

Must be a demonstration about the M11's hideous shutter noise...

Steven's latest incarnation, Edmond Dantes, seems to have disappeared again …

His new name was quite apt. From Wikipedia: Edmond Dantès (pronounced [ɛd.mɔ̃ dɑ̃.tɛs]) is a title character and the protagonist of Alexandre Dumas's 1844 adventure novel The Count of Monte Cristo. Within the story's narrative, Dantès is an intelligent, honest and loving man who turns bitter and vengeful after he is framed for a crime he did not commit. 😉

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, evikne said:

His new name was quite apt. From Wikipedia: Edmond Dantès (pronounced [ɛd.mɔ̃ dɑ̃.tɛs]) is a title character and the protagonist of Alexandre Dumas's 1844 adventure novel The Count of Monte Cristo. Within the story's narrative, Dantès is an intelligent, honest and loving man who turns bitter and vengeful after he is framed for a crime he did not commit. 😉

So reincarnation is prohibited?? 🙁

Edited by Herr Barnack
  • Thanks 1

On 1/17/2022 at 1:36 AM, evikne said:

His new name was quite apt. [-] framed for a crime he did not commit. 😉

The whole story of Steven/Dantès/../ here - I do not like it, and flagged it to mods who have the task to intervene [and ensure everyone gets away with their heads up], but they shrug their shoulders. 🤐

Edited by Alberti

56 minutes ago, Alberti said:

The whole story of Steven/Dantès/../ here - I do not like it, and flagged it to mods who have the task to intervene [and ensure everyone gets away with their heads up], but they shrug their shoulders. 🤐

This was not my opinion, just an attempt to see it from Steven's point of view. But I don’t know if this was his intention at all. Only he knows, and he cannot answer us anymore.

Edited by evikne

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The bottom line is that this is Andreas' Forum and he makes the rules. If one wants to engage on here, then you have to respect & abide by those rules. In the same way we expect guests in our homes to abide by our house rules. I don't know what's so difficult to understand about this. 

From what I've seen & read,  he was given sufficient notice & even reinstated at one point & then just carried on with his own mission. I'm afraid there are consequences, I would have done exactly the same in Andrea's position.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

This, and as Andreas explained in an earlier post, this forum benefits (very much) from the trust placed in it by Leica. Giving a platform to NDA-breaking postings, no matter if at one remove, would break that trust and cause serious damage to the forum. Consider this before leaping to conclusions.

2 hours ago, michali said:

The bottom line is that this is Andreas' Forum and he makes the rules. If one wants to engage on here, then you have to respect & abide by those rules. In the same way we expect guests in our homes to abide by our house rules. I don't know what's so difficult to understand about this. 

From what I've seen & read,  he was given sufficient notice & even reinstated at one point & then just carried on with his own mission. I'm afraid there are consequences, I would have done exactly the same in Andrea's position.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I noticed both Steven and JMF, probably the two most frequent users of this forum, are both gone. I saw the story unfold with Steven and know what happened (and it’s indeed unfortunate that it got to where it got, but not placing the blame on any side and rules are rules…so fair enough, despite the unfortunate outcome I can understand why it happened), but where did JMF go?! What happened? :o I miss his shots in the old lens thread…

Edited by shirubadanieru
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, jaapv said:

He leapt to the wrong conclusion.

I see, not sure what that means but…won’t ask more lol 

But given both of them are gone now…there’s only APO / ASPH users left lol (joking but half true) I guess I’m gonna have to cover for them with pre-asph shots ahah but…problem is I only have 3 lenses and I think both of them combined owned half of the world’s collection of Leica lenses ahah 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, shirubadanieru said:

I noticed both Steven and JMF, probably the two most frequent users of this forum, are both gone.

Two different cases.

JMF asked to have his account deleted. I regret this, but must accept his decision. Please don't discuss this here as it's his personal decision.

Andreas

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, LUF Admin said:

Two different cases.

JMF asked to have his account deleted. I regret this, but must accept his decision. Please don't discuss this here as it's his personal decision.

Andreas

He will be deeply missed! (Sorry, we shouldn't discuss him here.) 😢

• Like 3