Q2M exposure preview question

kirkmc

Advertisement (gone after registration)

A setting got changed recently on my Q2M and I can't figure out where it is. My viewfinder preview is considerably lighter than photos when I shoot them, and I see this immediately after I shoot when the photo displays in the viewfinder, then when I go to the Play button. I shoot in aperture priority, and when I change the exposure compensation, I see the viewfinder image get darker or lighter, but photos are always darker. I have exposure preview set to PASM (I'm not shooting manually), and I don't see any other settings. I can't find anything in the manual. It wasn't like this before. Does anyone know what setting might cause this?

7 hours ago, kirkmc said:

A setting got changed recently on my Q2M and I can't figure out where it is. My viewfinder preview is considerably lighter than photos when I shoot them, and I see this immediately after I shoot when the photo displays in the viewfinder, then when I go to the Play button. I shoot in aperture priority, and when I change the exposure compensation, I see the viewfinder image get darker or lighter, but photos are always darker. I have exposure preview set to PASM (I'm not shooting manually), and I don't see any other settings. I can't find anything in the manual. It wasn't like this before. Does anyone know what setting might cause this?

Did you increase the brightness of the EVF or reduce the brightness of the LCD? Maybe check that they are both set to default.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

4 hours ago, Anakronox said:

If all else fails, backup your profiles to the SD card and perform a factory reset.  Then, reimport your profiles. Sure, this may be overkill, but I can’t think of what could cause this problem.  

Thanks, I'll try that. 

• 2 weeks later...

I figured this out. Somehow, exposure bracketing got turned on. I thought that only worked in drive mode, so the camera would shoot 3 or 5 exposures sequentially (which is way it works on my Fujifilm cameras). But, no, it also works in single shot mode. Weird. Also, I don't know how it got turned on; I don't use the touch screen, but sometimes it does display if I press the wrong button, so that could explain it.