Update for Leica M10.2?

PixelAllen

I haven't checked in ages, but there is a new (not that new) firmware update for the M10.  From what I read, it allow settings for newer lenses, and the base ISO went from 100 to 200.  I've downloaded it, but haven't installed it yet.

Not sure if it makes other changes as well.....

On 1/16/2022 at 10:50 AM, jaapv said:

Don't count on it; when a new model is released the last one is a done deal; the only updates will be for bugs and new lenses.

Especially after the old model is discontinued, which is the case for the original M10 (but not the M10-R or M10 Monochrom).

Jeff

4 minutes ago, glogulus said:

There's a front button? TIL!

Not according to my memory, sadly.  I've been going back and forth between M10 and D750, and in the process I forgot all about not only that button, but the "info" button on the rear.  I was so involved in what I was doing, that these two buttons vanished from my memory.

I get in the habit of simplifying things, and useful tools drop out of my toolbox.

Today I tried using my M10 exactly as @jonoslacksuggested, changing the ISO knob to (A), changing the exposure dial to (A), setting the Auto ISO to where the camera could essentially do what it thought correct, and leaving my 50mm f/2 Voigtlander practically wide open.  Then I went for a short walkabout, wondering how bad the results would be, but as a test, I left these settings up to the camera.  I was astonished when I got home and reviewed the few photos I took - everyone was perfect, and the exposure was better than what I usually end up with doing things manually.  

I need to post the image in the thread with Jono Slack, along with a thank you note, but I also find myself wondering why I want an M11 when I can do this with my M10?  I have no idea if anyone else will like it, but I certainly do.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3