Barnack Challenge 43, Water - the results

Pyrogallol

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thanks to everyone who took part and everyone who voted.

The clear winner was thomas_schertel with inkdrops in a glass of water, with 26 points.

second was erl with Venus and the waterwall, with 11 points.

third was my water for developer, 7 points.

Bateleur, Dirk_der_Sammler, ejd and Doug A each got 4 points.

Congratulations to Thomas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great imagination from Thomas. Well done!

Pyrogallol's illustrated the other POV of what is so common to us all. Well done also.

All competitors brought their vision to the Challenge, and it got us all using our great Barnack Cameras!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
vor 9 Stunden schrieb thomas_schertel:

yes, I think end of May and June?

yours sincerely
Thomas

Thomas, I´m a newbie in the Barnack  land but might have  one or two pictures by the time the new challenge starts. As a German I feel inclined to ask for the rules  ☺️... Are they written down somewhere? Apparently the camera should be a  Barnack. What about the lens ? Leitz only ? period fitting the body ?  Any other requirements ? 

Klaus 

Edited by Kl@usW.

vor 10 Stunden schrieb Kl@usW.:

Thomas, I´m a newbie in the Barnack  land but might have  one or two pictures by the time the new challenge starts. As a German I feel inclined to ask for the rules  ☺️... Are they written down somewhere? Apparently the camera should be a  Barnack. What about the lens ? Leitz only ? period fitting the body ?  Any other requirements ? 

Klaus 

The lens does not matter. Today I will make the new Challenge

• Thanks 1

vor einer Stunde schrieb thomas_schertel:

Yes. You can take as many pictires you want, select the best an publish it

No, in the original terms there was only ONE film to use, but since nobody here can control that, you can waste as many rolls of film as you like.

vor 23 Minuten schrieb erl:

One you have decided on your motif, you should be able to shoot it on 3 or 4 frames. Great for finishing off a film already in the camera! 😇

That would be too high requirements for amateur photographers.😀
And I have to admit, when I was still taking part in this easily manipulated photo competition, sometimes I first took test photos with my digital Leica-M before I shot the competition photo with the Barnack-Leica on film.
This saved a lot of increasingly valuable rolls of film.

Edited by mnutzer

1 hour ago, mnutzer said:

That would be too high requirements for amateur photographers.😀
And I have to admit, when I was still taking part in this easily manipulated photo competition, sometimes I first took test photos with my digital Leica-M before I shot the competition photo with the Barnack-Leica on film.
This saved a lot of increasingly valuable rolls of film.

My constant observation over a considerable number of years is that frequently amateurs are more creative than many professionals. Speaking as a 'retired?' professional I can report than my creativity has improved measurably since my photography was not driven by the $. ie. nobody demanding the right to tell me (one way or another) how to do my job.

Bottom line for this comp is that it gives us all reason and a target to shoot our Barnacks. Who wins matters not. Submitting an entry that you have created is, IMO, a win. 😉