M10-D out of focus

fenykepesz

Advertisement (gone after registration)

i will give a try and apply Julian Thompson's instructions on my M10-D which became increasingly out of focus, perhaps it was already when i bought it.  both my Asph Summilux lenses,  50mm and 35mm, are affected equally as they both rear-focus (back-focus) at minimal distance (.7m) as well as infinity (moonlight), and at many other distances between these two extremes.  very annoying.  i wasn't aware of this problem and didn't think about it till recently, silly me - although i wasn't happy at all with the not-so-razor-sharp images over the last two years or so.  i thought it was a manual focusing issue on my end...

this current focusing issue underpins my main reasoning why not to buy that new M11 as 'just' improving its sensor and adding all these new M lenses is not enough in my opinion.  i believe we absolutely and urgently need an electronic focusing aid (hybrid EVF/OVF, invoked by simple button press) and then also an IBIS system, to truly make best use of modern sensors & lenses. as long as such is not implemented i will stick to my M10-D and wait for an M12-D... right ?

i just add here a comment of mine listed under another M forum - sorry for the double presence !

i actually meant a sensor-based IBIS, so that would include quite some changes only for the M body, sorry about the confusion.  true, the M is a manual RF camera, and will hopefully stay one too in the future.  i am only suggesting this so that these 'manual' motion artifacts of the photographer can be accounted for such as tremor, heart beat, breathing etc.

what do we have then otherwise these modern high-res sensors for if their performance is killed by such unavoidable biological noise...?  and let's add to the list here other issues such as my misaligned RF focusing system and my own self-made manual focusing errors...

Edited by fenykepesz