The M11-D : A Proposal To Leica

Datsch

It would be nice if you could manually assign a lens type when using 10D , as I don't own any coded lenses. 

Quite an analogue experience keeping track of them (and maybe that's the point) but the option to use this capability even if it's cumbersome (eg via Fotos) would certainly be practical.

I don't need the lens corrections but like to identify lenses used in my catalogue. 

As much as I love my 10D it's been a breath of fresh air buying a 10P recently and discovering that all my lens types are sitting in the menu waiting to be assigned.  A simple feature that would make things much more convenient for some D users I think.

Edited by grahamc
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, grahamc said:

Aluminium and no removable baseplate.  I'm not liking where this is heading 'if' there is ever an 11-D (surely unlikely ?) 

😂🤣😂🤣 i think that non baseplate thing is unavoidable looking at the past in the D series for MD is exception as the form factor will follow what’s existing.. but at least please give me back that brass 😂😂😂

i had to sell my Q’ses over n over again everytime that nightmare haunted me

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/15/2022 at 11:12 PM, evikne said:

First of all, I hope there will be an M11-D at all! Rumors have it that there may not be more D models.

And I really, really love the look of the M10-D, I think it's the most beautiful M ever. So I hope an M11-D will inherit the fold-out thumb rest and the engraving on top. I like the round exposure compensation wheel too, even though I photograph completely manually and never use it. But it's not an absolute necessity.

Apart from that, they can carry on as much as they want from the standard M11 model.

The M10D is my have digital M ever. I was going to sell mine after getting the M11 but I just can’t let go! 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

18 minutes ago, benqui said:

With the new upgrade the M10-D and the App harmonize much better. I have to admit that it is now the perfect (and most beautiful) digital M for me. 

In what way is the app improved? I don't keep up with the updates.

Gerade eben schrieb evikne:

It works faster and is more reliable not to be disconnected. I never used it for portrait shootings because it almost killed me: way too slow and you had to restart it very often. But now it is much more useable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/15/2022 at 9:45 PM, setuporg said:

“Do something on the cheap”, with all due respect, is the most ridiculous suggestion to Leica one can imagine.  It’s already a $9K camera.  We expect it to have all the things.  A better request would be to make a great and iconic D camera worth to be Edition 60 successor.

Leica, please don’t do anything on the cheap, especially a D.

The proposed M11-D would be an interesting camera.

That said, people need to face the reality of the situation:  There is never going to be a digital M camera with the specs of the M11 that is priced like a Fuji X100V.  It simply is not going to happen.  It is simply not feasible, unless Leica is willing to take a $5000-6000 USD or more loss on each camera sold.  No company can hemorrhage cash to such a degree and survive.

Bringing the fantasy digital M camera with the price of an X100V to the marketplace would not result in an M camera.  The specs would have to be diluted down until it is nothing more than an X100V with a Leica logo on the front.  Why would Leica do that?

The Leica M priced for the masses concept brings us to an inconvenient question for the dreamers:  Do you want a $1400 USD Leica M11, or do you want Leica to continue to survive as a company?  You can't have both.

Edited by Herr Barnack
  • Like 1

On 6/11/2022 at 9:14 PM, evikne said:

Well at least connection is at best, don’t drop out when transferring from M10R to ipad bout 40’ish raws

and im surprised, the last time i used was when M10 early days and it stopped me from ever using it again, going through m10D and safari without it