Brand new MP rewind issue

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Pete,

Hexar RF is kind of miracle for my long list of lenses for Leica M.

Even lenses with added optical devices ("goggled") like SOMNI (DR50) , SAMWO (35mm for M3) , Elmarit 135mm work on Hexar RF, incredible.

Visoflex III can be used if required and tinkering with shutter release maybe.

The less magnified viewfinder is nice for 28mm lenses, as  I never have 0.58 Leica M.

🙃

Negative thing is the RF prone to be uncalibrated when I travel (motorbike vibrations)

Edited by a.noctilux
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jackbaty said:

Welcome to the Difficult MP Rewind club! Sorry to hear you've had so many issues. And doubly sorry you've been stranded with a troublesome MP.

My nearly brand new BP MP went to New Jersey this week for the exact same rewind problem you describe. I can't wait to hear what they say about it. So far it hasn't dampened my love for the camera, or for Leica in general. Fortunately, I'm able to happily use my working-perfectly M3 and M6 in its absence.

Sorry to hear you had the same issue. Did it also happen without film? 
I hope they’ll give me a new camera rather than repair it, it feels strange to have a repair carried out on a brand new camera. 

27 minutes ago, Jacobjuul said:

Sorry to hear you had the same issue. Did it also happen without film? 
I hope they’ll give me a new camera rather than repair it, it feels strange to have a repair carried out on a brand new camera. 

Without film it works fine. I'm not terribly concerned about repair vs replacement, assuming the repair does the trick, that is. The devil you know, and all that :).

A small update. The MP has been sent to Leica in Germany to accompany my M-A. Even though this camera was pretty much DOA, they still insist on repairing it. Luckily the consumer law in Denmark states that they need to be able to fix it within 2 weeks or provide a full refund/replacement. 

• 2 weeks later...