S 006 banding?

jpk

13 hours ago, Leica_006 said:

The examples you guys have are a bit different… I’ve had products break because I did something to wrong, or due to “wear and tear” - e.g. miles on a car. That’s cool, because both of those are within your control as a consumer - it’s one of the reasons I take such good care of my stuff.

This is different IMHO. More like a recall situation. They shipped a lemon, and offered to fix it - all good - but the fix can’t just be another lemon!

We’ll see how Leica does in this situation. They seem like a company that plays the long game and does the right thing. This is my first real issue with them. I’m a huge fan of their products, but even I have a breaking point. Note, I’m not even complaining about the service experience here… being told to wait for months while they move offices in NJ… that’s been pretty aggravating as well.

Most service technician and manufactures offer a warranty on their work. I would hope Leica would recognize this issue originated on their end. Good luck.

• 1 month later...

Still waiting. Sensor was replaced in 2018 due to corrosion, in February 2021 it was in Germany for regular service (I asked for checking and cleaning), no issues found except minor stuff not related to the sensor, after it came back it was the first time the patterned stripes appeared, so I sent in test pictures, they stated Newton rings and asked me to only return the lens (it was the 70mm), after about half a year I had it back with no comment on the patterned stripes and no repair (no issues were found), I had to urge again and eventually got the body sent in as well, that was January 2022, after half a year they claimed the sensor is too old and cost almost 3000 to replace, I asked to look into it and replace the sensor for free, no answer since despite multiple phone calls emails. Summary: I am without a usable camera since February 2021. I was lent an SL2 for a few weeks with the mid range zoom lens for free, that was good, but other than that I am a bit disappointed by the S-Customer Service...

Am 11.9.2022 um 14:50 schrieb Leica_006:

We’ll see how Leica does in this situation. They seem like a company that plays the long game and does the right thing. This is my first real issue with them. I’m a huge fan of their products, but even I have a breaking point. Note, I’m not even complaining about the service experience here…

Did you get any news about your camera?

Edited by jpk

• 2 weeks later...