New Visoflex and the TL2?

If it needs a firmware update on the M10 the answer on the TL2 (without update) is most likely: no. It also depends on the processing power of the camera and I doubt whether the TL has sufficient reserve.

Compared to many other manufacturers, Leica have been good at supporting their cameras with firmware updates. This has been an incentive to purchase and keep using their digital cameras. If technically possible I hope the TL2 can also benefit from the release of the new Visoflex. The TL2 is a great little camera. Beautifully designed with a solid body and very capable for its small size. It would be a shame if it’s been overlooked. Compatibility with the new Visoflex could really extend its life.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, J12 said:

Compared to many other manufacturers, Leica have been good at supporting their cameras with firmware updates. This has been an incentive to purchase and keep using their digital cameras. If technically possible I hope the TL2 can also benefit from the release of the new Visoflex. The TL2 is a great little camera. Beautifully designed with a solid body and very capable for its small size. It would be a shame if it’s been overlooked. Compatibility with the new Visoflex could really extend its life.

Totally agree - it would make life with TL2 longer.  But if it is to make sense then the resolution must be better than on the old 020. As I understand it, the new viewfinder does not give the same resolution in M10 as in M11.  The same will probably apply to TL2?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

6 hours ago, Kim Dahl said:

Totally agree - it would make life with TL2 longer.  But if it is to make sense then the resolution must be better than on the old 020. As I understand it, the new viewfinder does not give the same resolution in M10 as in M11.  The same will probably apply to TL2?

Is this from Leica, or just the observation posted in this forum?  An appropriate firmware upgrade should fix the resolution and field of view issues.

26 minutes ago, Rick in CO said:

Is this from Leica, or just the observation posted in this forum?  An appropriate firmware upgrade should fix the resolution and field of view issues.

This is information from the Red Dot forum youtube “Leica M11 - unveiling an Icon”

They are very serious and have the information from Leica. There is no firmware for the M10 yet.

I would find it unconscionable that Leica would not supply a TL2 update for the Visoflex 2.  The TL2 has the same Maestro II processor as the M10 and likely more advanced electronics for the firmware upgrade.  An improvement in contrast and color would be great, I won't miss the lack of GPS especially if it allows better viewing function.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

This is the TL2 with the Visoflex 2.   It does not work (yet).

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

Another view. The visoflex 2 is very well made.  Solid metal, heavy, and it locks in place really well, not loose like the Visoflex 1.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2022 at 11:46 AM, Rick in CO said:

I would find it unconscionable that Leica would not supply a TL2 update for the Visoflex 2.  The TL2 has the same Maestro II processor as the M10 and likely more advanced electronics for the firmware upgrade.  An improvement in contrast and color would be great, I won't miss the lack of GPS especially if it allows better viewing function.

Agreed, on all points.

• Like 1

It won't happen, don't sweat over it. Leica did not have any team behind TL cameras since the end of 2018. Hence no update since then. 

TL2 still did not get L-mount third party lenses full compatibility update, which was promised by Leica in 2018, but never came. 

By the way, Leica only promise Visoflex 2 updates for M10 family cameras only.