What bag to carry the M-11 in?

jdlaing

Advertisement (gone after registration)

4 minutes ago, jonoslack said:

What a silly question

It has to be the Fogg Satchmo with the LHSA film strap From Rock and Roll 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

One more vote for Fogg bags !

I gifted myself a brown Satchmo which is the perfect size for a small M combo and it is surprisingly light and as all the Fogg bags high quality and great design !

• Like 2

On 1/14/2022 at 9:26 PM, kivis said:

At Guide price:  €550.00, I don't think so.

Hmmm - the price is because bee berman and Nigel Fogg still make the bags by hand themselves, they don't employ other people to make them for them, and that makes it expensive, but it also means that you can discuss your bag with the person who is going to make it! . . . . and that's worth the price of ownership alone!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 1/31/2022 at 4:36 PM, tashley said:

Thanks. Your reply highlights that we all have different needs! I like to carry two or three lenses and the EVF and I also find that a ‘one shoulder’ bag becomes a strain after walking around for a while whereas a backpack  doesn’t - but my way of working is to have the camera round my neck the whole time so the bag is just for the lenses etc.  

I have two different sized Billinghams and they look nice and Leica-like but they really annoy my shoulders after more than a hour. And I never got on with sling-style bags.

Quite agree Tim

Which is why you need to talk to bee and Nigel at Fogg about a nice new Satchmo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jonoslack said:

Quite agree Tim

I couldn’t agree more.

I contacted bee & Nigel when I thought about the Satchmo. As I like to Use my Ms with a protector, I feared the Satchmo would be a bit too small. 
Nigel accepted to make the bag 1.5 cm wider, and proposed to make it a little bit longer to keep the right proportions.

the bag I received suits perfectly my needs. The very high quality, the great design, the customisation and the fantastic customer experience make it worth the price :) 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, FDS said:

Agreed. 

The 'black on black' version is less conspicuous than other colour schemes.  It is a bit smaller and has a wider strap than the Hadley Pro so is more comfortable to carry for long walks.  Mine holds two M-bodies plus 21/3.4, 28/1.4, 35/2, 50/2 and 90/2. The 21+28 and 50+90 lenses are carried back to back (to start with at least). One body has the 35 mounted and second body  without lens.  Pockets in front stuffed full of small bits and pieces.  

Oops...  meant to say that the zipper makes it so that the contents of the bag AREN'T exposed just from opening the top flap.  You get the idea.  🙂

And AGREE...  the black-on-black is pretty classic...  that's what I got...  (though the green/brown looks really smart, too).

12 hours ago, mikeyknob said:

FWIW — I just picked up a (recently released) Billingham Mini Eventer and LOVE it with the M11, a couple extra lenses, charger, EVF, etc.  I like that it has a weatherproof zipper across the top (under the flap), so the contents of the bag are exposed when the flap is open…  and if you want it that way, you can open the zipper and fold it out of the way on either side.  Plus, the bag is nicely appointed — and it holds its shape way better than the Hadleys, which sort of mold to the curve of your body.  Just my 2 cents.

Oops... meant to say that the zipper makes it so that the contents of the bag AREN'T exposed just from opening the top flap. You get the idea. 🙂 

8 hours ago, jonoslack said:

Quite agree Tim

I had a look at their website but I'm afraid to me they have the disadvantage of Billingham in that they are a one-strap over the shoulder type bag and I find that really irritates my shoulders. If I'm carrying a camera around my neck I want a small backpack with a small selection of lenses in it. So the cheapo Lowepro Tahoe I mentioned above is perfect. well padded and almost weightless and as a bonus it looks worthless! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, tashley said:

I had a look at their website but I'm afraid to me they have the disadvantage of Billingham in that they are a one-strap over the shoulder type bag and I find that really irritates my shoulders. If I'm carrying a camera around my neck I want a small backpack with a small selection of lenses in it. So the cheapo Lowepro Tahoe I mentioned above is perfect. well padded and almost weightless and as a bonus it looks worthless! 

I have a Manfrotto something or other (small backpack) which cost £70 at an airport and is really good - light and practical and worthless!

• Like 1

On 2/6/2022 at 12:04 PM, FDS said:

Agreed. 

The 'black on black' version is less conspicuous than other colour schemes.  It is a bit smaller and has a wider strap than the Hadley Pro so is more comfortable to carry for long walks.  Mine holds two M-bodies plus 21/3.4, 28/1.4, 35/2, 50/2 and 90/2. The 21+28 and 50+90 lenses are carried back to back (to start with at least). One body has the 35 mounted and second body  without lens.  Pockets in front stuffed full of small bits and pieces.  

I dislike all of the new brightly coloured Billinghams and would never buy them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am tending to go out shooting with less and less gear these days.  Older age has made me a minimalist.  Fogg bags are wonderful and I have a few of the larger ones but for the M and simple shooting with no extra or only 1 extra lens, I just got both the Fogg Flute (no extra lens) and Fogg Soprano (1 extra lens).  I bought from Robert White UK though I am in the US.  Even with shipping which was very fast, the cost savings was significant compared to US dealers.

• Like 2

Oberwerth M special edition, when I want to bring a couple additional lenses - the evf pouch works fine with the new visoflex, the battery pouch is a little tight 

When I want to go more stealth I often bring my think tank mirrorless 20, the m11 with evf attached and a spare lens fit really well - otherwise if it’s just the m11 and 50apo (rangefinder only) I take my thinktank mirrorless 10 as ultralight stealthy option ( also works great for my q2 s) 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2