What bag to carry the M-11 in?

jdlaing

2 hours ago, adli said:

For any Leica M, Foggs Last Waltz is just perfect.

No bag is perfect IMO; always subject to particular requirements.  But in the Fogg lineup, the b-Laika serves me best when transporting a small, basic kit.  More compact, lighter and less complex than the Last Waltz, without space for tablet, etc, but a bit deeper and less tall to specifically accommodate camera/lens combinations. But that’s why they provide options.

Jeff

Edited by Jeff S
  • Like 5

Advertisement (gone after registration)

14 hours ago, Reciprocity said:

Same as I have always carried, either an A&A Oskar One Day Bag or a Rugged Wear Domke F803 Satchel...

And about 20 other bags for all kinds of systems, lol! 

I used the Oscar One Day bag before I switched to Fogg bags. The insert is a real dust magnet and the sound from the velcro on the lid is not exactly discreet when you open it. Size is nice though. Also had the Billingham Leica bag, but it never felt right. Never tried the Dome, but looks like a nice option. 

An other nice thing about Fogg is the superb service by the makers. Dealing with them is a pleasure!

• Like 4

On 1/14/2022 at 8:27 AM, fbonde said:

Yes, of course!  After spending $9000 USD for the M11, anyone who can afford any bag other than a brown paper grocery sack is beyond fortunate!  😅

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Herr Barnack said:

Yes, of course!  After spending $9000 USD for the M11, anyone who can afford any bag other than a brown paper grocery sack is beyond fortunate!  😅

Haha exactly  - I was just joking. Its going in my 45L Gitzo adventure bag 😩

For a quality bag at a reasonable price, I would go with the small size of the Billingham Hadley Pro.     

As for a strap, it's got to be a Harry Benz strap.

After springing for the M11, if your bank account doesn't look like it has been the victim of a Predator drone strike, the Fogg Last Waltz is the only way to fly.

• Like 5

Ona Bowery Canvas - small, lightweight, well made and doesn’t scream expensive camera bag. Holds 2 Ms with shorter lenses affixed or 1 M and several lenses. Will also hold spare batteries, wallet and phone in addition to the foregoing. 

On 1/15/2022 at 5:53 AM, adli said:

I used the Oscar One Day bag before I switched to Fogg bags. The insert is a real dust magnet and the sound from the velcro on the lid is not exactly discreet when you open it. Size is nice though. 

I have made Velcro “Silencers” out of strips of the opposite Velcro type for years now, I keep them in my bags and apply as needed. I also end up vacuuming out all my bags anyway because I feel they are all dust magnets. 

• Like 2

I keep going back to using the Peak Design slings for every day walk around. Not a particularly handsome carry, definitely not a square bag ( not sure how to describe the shape) but for reliable protection and easy to get your gear in and out of quickly, the Peak Design 6L and 10L seem to be it for me. The quick cinch and release strap system also makes for all kind of wearable possibilities on the fly depending upon how active you are when shooting or not.

Oberwerth Muenchen Blackline: M11 plus M10M according to mood, and still room for 2-3 additional lenses. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

On 1/15/2022 at 4:29 AM, kivis said:

lovely bag. but after billingham S2, i prefer camera bag without zipper. scratch increase the character, but significantly decrease the selling price...

On 1/18/2022 at 12:04 AM, Artin said:

Actually I have 5 different bags depending on the day and what I feel like taking with me 

every day to the office it’s my Headly Large pro with the MacBook Pro the M11 and about 6 lenses 

on the weekends if I am out for a full day shoot in the car ,, not much walking around it’s the billingham 335 with 9 lenses 

on a walkabout small headly or the Ona Bowery 

when travelling out of country ONA Berlin  or the billingham 335. 

6-9 lenses? 😳

Even though I have 14 M-lenses in the drawer, I never carry more that 3 or 4 around when I am walking around.