Function buttons not working correctly on New M11

Nicky Scali

I"m having the exact same issue as described. Mine is a black one. 

Sometimes it works fine, sometimes it doesn't. I have better success with the long presses. 

I bought my camera from BHPhoto. Should I contact them or is there someone at Leica I can contact. 

I don't want to be out of pocket for the camera and have to wait weeks for a replacement. 

Edited by thinkscientist

5 minutes ago, thinkscientist said:

I"m having the exact same issue as described. Mine is a black one. 

Sometimes it works fine, sometimes it doesn't. I have better success with the long presses. 

I bought my camera from BHPhoto. Should I contact them or is there someone at Leica I can contact. 

I don't want to be out of pocket for the camera and have to wait weeks for a replacement. 

The issue is known to Leica.

See post #52: from what I understand it will be fixed in software

No need to send it back.

16 hours ago, LUF Admin said:

I can acknowledge that – we had contact with Leica:

A new firmware should fix that problem and will be released next week.

Andreas

Is there anything official we can see from Leica about this anywhere? @LUF Admin  I don't want to miss a return window if it's a faulty product waiting without some official announcement.

11 minutes ago, thinkscientist said:

Is there anything official we can see from Leica about this anywhere? @LUF Admin  I don't want to miss a return window if it's a faulty product waiting without some official announcement.

I heard it from a very reliable source, and my dealer mentioned that it is coming very soon.

B&H has a 30 days return window, AFAIK. So I would wait until shortly before the return window closing.

Edited by SrMi
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Photoworks said:

I did a bracket exposure test at 6400 iso in Large DNG, 3 frames.

the camera FREEZES on the 3rd frame... I had to turn camera off. no button was working anymore... happened 3 times in a row....

I didn't aspect been a beta tester on M11

What kind of card are you using?  Has the feel of something failing on writing out the files. You might reformat or try a different card. 

8 hours ago, Photoworks said:

prograde 256

it was already formate in camera few times

Are you using the internal memory as a backup or just writing to the SD?  I shot bursts for minutes on end for the battery life test, I'm wondering if I went L-DNG and L-JPG backup if I could bog things down to duplicate.  Also wondering if you see the same behavior if you pull the card and only use the internal mem?

1 hour ago, Tailwagger said:

Are you using the internal memory as a backup or just writing to the SD?  I shot bursts for minutes on end for the battery life test, I'm wondering if I went L-DNG and L-JPG backup if I could bog things down to duplicate.  Also wondering if you see the same behavior if you pull the card and only use the internal mem?

no, just the card.. I think it just a bug somewhere... it is not doing now..

Updated the firmware yesterday. Went out today and used both rear wheel click and top function button multiple times.

WORKED. EVERY. TIME !!

Thank you Leica.

Now, to make me a really happy bunny, can we have the RGB Histogram back please?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, Like to check if anyone has this issue.

Firmware 1.2.1.0 (Latest Version)

A. I program my TOP plate function button as White Balance,  my Depress THUMBWHEEL Function as FILM STYLE. 

B. Customise Wheel as Exp Comp.

Upon pressing Either of the 2 function buttons, and SPIN the Thumbwheel to scroll left or right to select the WB or Film Styie.... the Exposure compensation will also increase or decrease in value.

If INSTEAD of using the Thumbwheel to spin to select, I use the Multifunction Button to press Left arrow or Right arrow, the Exposure compensation will not increase of decrease (It will not change the value)

C. Now I set Customise Wheel as No Function. Pressing the function buttons and scroll left or right to select WB or Film Style WILL not increase or decrease the Exposure compensation value.

Edited by Ryuuenji
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Ryuuenji said:

A. I program my TOP plate function button as White Balance,  my Depress THUMBWHEEL Function as FILM STYLE. 

Upon pressing Either of the 2 function buttons, and SPIN the Thumbwheel to scroll left or right to select the WB or Film Styie.... the Exposure compensation will also increase or decrease in value.

If INSTEAD of using the Thumbwheel to spin to select, I use the Multifunction Button to press Left arrow or Right arrow, the Exposure compensation will not increase of decrease (It will not change the value)

C. Now I set Customise Wheel as No Function. Pressing the function buttons and scroll left or right to select WB or Film Style WILL not increase or decrease the Exposure compensation value.

I can reproduce the bug when not in LV. When in LV, the exposure compensation does not change.

Could you please let Leica know? Thanks!

8 hours ago, SrMi said:

I can reproduce the bug when not in LV. When in LV, the exposure compensation does not change.

Could you please let Leica know? Thanks!

Yes, Only when NOT in LV.

Where can I raise this firmware bug to Leica Germany ?

Edited by Ryuuenji

• 1 month later...
On 2/15/2022 at 9:19 PM, Ryuuenji said:

The latest firmware 1.3.0.0 has resolved this buy.

• Like 1