Function buttons not working correctly on New M11

Nicky Scali

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I just received my new M11 and am having problems with the function buttons, both the Botton on the wheel and the button near the shutter.

No matter what function I set (I set M-ISO and focus aid) sometimes when I depress the button(S) nothing happens and sometimes it works.

It is very sporadic and inconsistent. It appears to be software related because the same behaviour occurs with both buttons.

HAs anyone experienced this issue yet? 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Nicky Scali said:

I just received my new M11 and am having problems with the function buttons, both the Botton on the wheel and the button near the shutter.

No matter what function I set (I set M-ISO and focus aid) sometimes when I depress the button(S) nothing happens and sometimes it works.

It is very sporadic and inconsistent. It appears to be software related because the same behaviour occurs with both buttons.

Hi There Nicky

I think the required press time is rather short - or long (to change the function). I can remember finding this a problem to start with.

I hope this helps

Best

Jono

Hi Jono,

Thanks for the reply.

I definitely understand what you mean but in this case I may press the buttons 10 or so times and nothing happens.

It then may work normally for 3 or 4 presses then it stope responding.

Th long press (to change the function_ seems to always work, it is just the short presses that don't.

Best Regards

Nicky

9 hours ago, Nicky Scali said:

I have the same issue with the top function button. I would ask for a replacement.

took it to my dealer and swapped the camera.

Interestingly the first one we took out of the box tot test had the same problem!

The second one was fine.

It seems there may be an issue here, hopefully it is software related because the long press worked fine on the 'faulty' cameras.

• Like 2

On 1/15/2022 at 9:12 PM, Nicky Scali said:

hopefully it is software related because the long press worked fine on the 'faulty' cameras.

Mine is quite random - I can press the button 5 or 6 times in a row, each time zooming in/out just fine and then the next press it fails. Usually non-responsive for 2 or 3 button presses, then it's working again. I'm being very careful with the pressure + duration of each press (not that I should have to be). Definitely a fault.

5 minutes ago, onasj said:

Just to check that it's not an SD card compatibility issue (Leica M10s had a sporadic non-responsiveness problem with Sony TOUGH SD cards for example)—if you remove the SD card do you still experience the unresponsive button behavior?

Thanks for the suggestion, but it's happening with no SD card fitted (using internal memory). I've removed the battery to see if it was a one-off glitch but the problem persists. 

It appears to be unrelated to colour of the camera - either it is a circuit board problem or possibly (hopefully) software related which can be fixed with a firmware update.

I seem to recall a similar issue with the Hasselbald X1D when it came out - the fix was a circuit board replacement but there was a  firmware update which was a 'hack' rather than a fix.

Judging from the responses , this is an emerging issue.

46 minutes ago, Oswalt said:

I dropped mine off this afternoon. I'm the second one to come in and make a warranty claim ... to soften the blow I purchased another MP but in BP. 

Now I'm feeling charitable and might gift the m11 to my nephew as a birthday present. 

Hi it’s me, your nephew!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3