SL2-S with M adapter T

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi all

I've finally managed to invest into the Leica family with an SL2-S, which came with a 'M adapter T'. Does anyone know whether this is the same as the L adapter T, and will it let me use M lenses on the SL2-S in the same way?

Any insight much appreciated, thanks very much 

Expanding on Jaap's comment:

The Leica "M Adapter T" pre-dated naming the lens mount "L-mount" ... The only camera that used it at the time of the M Adapter T introduction was the Leica T. But "T-mount" is an old standard screw thread lens mounting system that goes back at least sixty years (and is still in use!), Leica decided not to engage in that level of naming confusion, named the T series and SL series camera's lens mounts "L-mount" and renamed the "M Adapter T" to be "M Adapter L". 

I bought an M Adapter T when I pre-ordered the Leica SL as I already had M-mount lenses and the R Adapter M. I've used it almost continuously on my SL body, when I had it, and have since had it on the CL body 100% of the time. 

G

• Thanks 1