250 Telyt Lens hood

Since no one has responded in two days, I will hazard a guess.  Try looking at the online Youtube videos for a Nikon 135mm f2.0 lens repair.  The Nikon 200mm to 1200mm Ai-S ED/IF lenses also come apart in this manner.

I suspect the Telyt has 1, 2, or 3 set screws, that when the hood is extended are visible and that when loosened will allow the front element of the lens to be unscrewed.  The hood can be then be slide off to the rear.  I also suspect there is flocking inside the hood that is worn or compressed.  With the hood removed, the flocking is easily replaced.  Lens hood flocking is readily available online.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, zeitz said:

Since no one has responded in two days, I will hazard a guess.  Try looking at the online Youtube videos for a Nikon 135mm f2.0 lens repair.  The Nikon 200mm to 1200mm Ai-S ED/IF lenses also come apart in this manner.

I suspect the Telyt has 1, 2, or 3 set screws, that when the hood is extended are visible and that when loosened will allow the front element of the lens to be unscrewed.  The hood can be then be slide off to the rear.  I also suspect there is flocking inside the hood that is worn or compressed.  With the hood removed, the flocking is easily replaced.  Lens hood flocking is readily available online.

thank you i actually want to remove the hood permanently