Survey: Are you planning to buy the new Leica M11?

LUF Admin

Leica M11 Survey  

662 members have voted

1. 1. Are you planning to buy the new Leica M11?

• Yes, already as good as pre-ordered
    • Probably yes, got to check my savings
    • I'm still waiting for reviews and first hand experiences
    • Thanks, I'll stick with my M10....
    • Other opinion (please comment below)

This poll is closed to new votes

vor 2 Stunden schrieb sebben:

Im waiting for the M11D for the pure digital M experience. 

ditto - same for me, waiting for the M11-D, perhaps in two years from now ?  till then i will stick to my M10-D...

furthermore i would love to see it equipped with a hybrid view finder, optical and electronic, for focus peaking !

• Like 4

Undoubtedly a great camera, but somehow it still doesn't seem particularly attractive to me. Maybe too far from the Ms I am used to. So I will wait and see. If I eventually decide to upgrade I will also need to decide which of my current cameras shall remain as my "last real M",  i.e. either the M9 (replaced sensor) or the standard M10. Or then I will buy an M10R as my last M and move on to other brands.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LUF Admin said:

Quick poll right after the announcement:

Are you planning to buy the new Leica M11?

And:

What would most appeal to you about the Leica M11?

Looking forward to your comments!

Andreas

I only got my M10-R about a year ago, so I'll not do it now, but the bottom plate removal and new connections are appealing.

1 hour ago, andybarton said:

If I had £7,500 to spend on something I don't need, then I would definitely buy one.

I don't, so I won't.

Nice camera, though, by the looks of it.

£7,500 Plus evf, grip or half case, spare battery. £8,500 unless you need to buy a lens or two.

Still having fun with my lovely and well used MP240! I skipped the M10 product cycle and may indulge in either a MP11, Safari or Reporter if I can be patient and wait that long..(2-4 years down the product curve?)

Edited by Ted Lemon

Overall, I like what I see with the announcement and reviews fro folks like Jono, etc.  

BUT, for me, I won't likely be stepping up and buying one. Honestly, the cost is simply too high for my needs. I stepped out of the M-series a while back, but have been wanting to get another but I will look for a great deal on a M10 I think. 

That said, for what it's worth I think they provided a nice solution. An integration of some modern features into a legacy solution. I think it retains the legacy while embracing the future. All without becoming just another choice on a shelf. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If my M10-D dies, I might look at a considerably refined M11-s (for simplified):

• no electronic shutter
  • return to metering off the shutter, save when using the EVF
  • no variable MP (just make it 36, 40, 60 or whatever)
  • no cropping
  • no red dot
  • black paint with Leica script

and … no LCD … 😀

• Like 5

Still undecided. The big question for me is, whether the so-called pixel binning (via hardware? Via software?) will have any advantage over post processing of a 60MP DNG and whether the sensor performance is noticeably better than that of my M10R in practice. Another aspect to consider is that at 60MP and the associated small pixel pitch diffraction kicks in at about above f7.

The reduced weight is a great advantage IMHO.

No baseplate: neutral

Maybe I will replace my M10 that I also still have with a black M11...