Survey: Are you planning to buy the new Leica M11?

LUF Admin

Leica M11 Survey  

662 members have voted

1. 1. Are you planning to buy the new Leica M11?

• Yes, already as good as pre-ordered
    • Probably yes, got to check my savings
    • I'm still waiting for reviews and first hand experiences
    • Thanks, I'll stick with my M10....
    • Other opinion (please comment below)

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm certainly thinking about it at first of all I need some advice about what case to get, whether I should get a neck strap or a wrist strap, what bag to put it in and also what would be the two best lenses to carry around with it.

Also, does anybody think that I should fit a thumbs up on it and also should I keep the red dot or blacken it out and if so, should I use insulating tape or a felt tip?

Once I have these matters clear in my mind then I will probably pull the trigger.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

If I did not have the M10r I would buy the M11.

Owning the M10r the decision is much harder. I would see a benefit in the advanced exposure metering, and also shurt shutter delay when shooting life view (usefull for UWA and longer lenses). I also like the fact that there is less vignetting. The battery is also very nice. I really do like the new EVF and will buy one for sure.

• Like 3

vor 4 Minuten schrieb criolf:

No.

Looking at the presentations/hands-on of the M11, present Leica has lost its "shine" for me... It's not a Leica anymore - it's menus and resolution and touchscreen and rolling shutter and/and/and. What's the difference with the latest Sony/Canon/Nikon?

Before was - "are you seeing this? The people at Leica are crazy for introducing this to the market".

Now it has become... just a camera.

I find that it doesnt feel less solid or simple to use than previous M-Bodies.

I will stick with the M10-R, because of this, per Elmar S's review:

But Leica has speeded up the process, so the speed and reactivity of the M11 is as good as the M10 in classic mode. But the shutter has to do a more complex operation (close shutter, exposition with opening and closing the shutter, open shutter again), which makes a different shutter sound. It is not louder than the M10 sound, but it is not like a shot, it is like a short, very fast rumbling. And there is a little sound after turning on the camera. The shutter has to open, what is slightly hearable.

I don't necessarily care about the lag, but the experience is different, and I prefer the M10-R's implementation. However, I will probably give in eventually for the M11-P :')

• Like 3