Leica Visoflex 2

trequartista

According to the information that has surfaced, it is supposed to be backwards compatible with the M10, but to what extent (image stabilization?) is not yet known. It is supposed to have about 3.7 Mpx. As far as I have seen, the Q2 also has a viewfinder with 3.69 Mpx, maybe this is the same. Tomorrow we should get more information.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, MikeMyers said:

Do we expect it to work on all models of the M10, including the first, original, M10?

If so, other than lower height and probably greater resolution, in what ways might it be better than the current M10 Visoflex?

Leica added certain features only to M10-P and up (Perspective Control). So I would expect at least support in M10-P. The form is better, AFAIK. The resolution is higher, and maybe the refresh rate is better. Mostly speculations from my side. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, strohscw said:

It is supposed to have about 3.7 Mpx. As far as I have seen, the Q2 also has a viewfinder with 3.69 Mpx, maybe this is the same.

If true I'm sated for now with this Visoflex 2 as the sole upgrade, and will consider upgrade only at the M11-P or M12 mark. I've not seen anything in the leaked specs for the M11 to entice me from my M10-R BP and M10-M. But upgrading the Visoflex for resolution alone is tempting, and if higher refresh comes with that too all the better (though it would be interesting to see what the battery drain is like on the power-hungry M10-R/M compared to Visoflex typ 020). 

Edited by Winedemonium
clarity
  • Like 1

Interesting point, there might be some truth in there, the new Visoflex might need more juice then the old one? Or it might be the opposite? Maybe it got better electronics which are more efficient, even so it has a higher resolution? Can't wait to test it out.

In addition to that the main question will be the frame rate on the M11 vs. on any M10? The same? Or will be the M10 have more lag/ reduced frame rate?

Edited by omega1848

It's officially confirmed!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1