Leica Visoflex 2

trequartista

This is from a Leica FAQ document and is disappointing for M10, M10-P, M10-R users:

“Does the M11 Visoflex 2 work on the M10?
Yes, but this requires a camera FW update. This is expected to be available in mid-March. The M10 will then be able to run the Visoflex 2, but only at the 2.4 megapixel resolution available in the M10. This will result in a slightly smaller viewfinder image in comparison to the use at the M11.”

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, focusbyhand said:

This is from a Leica FAQ document and is disappointing for M10, M10-P, M10-R users:

“Does the M11 Visoflex 2 work on the M10?
Yes, but this requires a camera FW update. This is expected to be available in mid-March. The M10 will then be able to run the Visoflex 2, but only at the 2.4 megapixel resolution available in the M10. This will result in a slightly smaller viewfinder image in comparison to the use at the M11.”

That's sad news, but as long the refresh rate is better it's still an upgrade I guess. And it's an OLED-display, so.

But then it really seems to be the one from the Leica Q2. It has the exact same specs.

Edited by trequartista

3 hours ago, wolan said:

Yes with the current version. The new one will be even more power hungry 

You don't know until it has been tested. Jono's M11 review indicates that it does not use the battery that much. It would be great if Leica implements an EVF extended mode for Visoflex 2.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

19 minutes ago, Photoworks said:

M10 (with future firmware update; only 2.4MP viewing resolution available)

Does this mean ALL of the M10 cameras, including the original, that hasn't had any firmware updates in like forever?  I suspect I might be better off using my current Visoflex, which includes the GPS.

1 minute ago, MikeMyers said:

Does this mean ALL of the M10 cameras, including the original, that hasn't had any firmware updates in like forever?  I suspect I might be better off using my current Visoflex, which includes the GPS.

This is what I want to know. Will it work with the M10D?

11 minutes ago, BlueIn2Red said:

According to the Leica UK store website, yes. All M10s. The lower resolution/smaller image thing is a killer for me though, very disappointing.

I must have missed this. The new Visoflex will be cropped and operate at a lower resolution on M10s?

16 minutes ago, BlueIn2Red said:

Apparently yes. See the quote in post 22 above from a Leica FAQ.

Given that the existing Visoflex operates at 2.4MP, does anyone know what benefit (if any) the new Visoflex 2 brings to the M10 if it runs at a cropped 2.4MP on the older cameras?

Sounds like this is what we should expect on the M10 vs M11 assuming I did my math right...

• M11: 2356 x 1571
  • M10: 1897 x 1265

So roughly a 20% crop? That seems pretty bad unless the display is physically larger to compensate. I'm hoping that's the case!

Edited by Crem

For me the most annoying aspect of the current Visoflex on my M10M is that it blocks the exposure dial. It's hard to tell from the pics if the new one will also do that on the M10 cameras - but it looks to me as though it will.... ☹️  I hope I'm wrong, but this looks disappointing all round for M10 owners.