Q2 too blue!

T25UFO

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I found an old caricature of my son drawn some 30 years ago.  My son wanted a copy so I photographed it, first with Q2 and then M10R with 35mm APO.  Both photos taken at the same time in natural light under identical conditions, the only difference being ISO.  I used auto ISO and the Q2 chose 640 whereas the M10R chose 1250.  Both cameras set to auto white balance.  

Have attached the raw files with no adjustments.  The colours of the Q2 look nice, bright and vibrant, but nothing like the original drawing.  The colours from the M10R are a little faded and exactly like the original drawing.  I am confused as to why there is such a difference.  Any views or advice would be appreciated.  First photo Q2, second photo M10R.

Thanks . . .

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

On 1/12/2022 at 4:24 AM, T25UFO said:

Have attached the raw files with no adjustments.

Don't expect unadjusted raw files to be correct. They exist to be adjusted (unlike jpgs).

I copy paintings for some of the other artists at my gallery. (M10, btw)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Key tool is to get a reference color patch, and stick it just outside the artwork area as "known colors" - especially for delicate pastels. That is how museum pros have been copying artwork for decades and decades. But a simple gray card is almost as good. or even a gray or white wall (if you are sure it is not "off-white.")

https://www.kodak.com/en/motion/page/color-separation-guides-and-gray-scales

Never use "As shot" or Auto" WB. It is handing over control to dumb automation. Click on the image of the gray card with the WB eyedropper to remove color stains from variable lighting.

• Thanks 1