Will there be a Q2P model?

5 hours ago, Richard K said:

If yes, I’d like it be exactly like like the Q2Monchrom for markings  and finish but with a black dot logo where the red dot is on the Q2. Thoughts?

Hopefully it would have the softer, more matte finish of the original Q-P. The Q2M finish is ok but nowhere near as cool as the Q-P was. It would not have a black dot but rather no dot and Leica script on top.

Yes please! I am still holding onto my Q-P because I love the way it looks. I’ve been tempted to switch to the Q2, but would love the stealth of a Q2-P. Also still holding onto my M-P 240 until I switch to the M10-P. 

Edited by haroldc

On 1/13/2022 at 11:48 AM, haroldc said:

Yes please! I am still holding onto my Q-P because I love the way it looks. I’ve been tempted to switch to the Q2, but would love the stealth of a Q2-P. Also still holding onto my M-P 240 until I switch to the M10-P. 

This is me to. Can’t get myself to part with the Q-P. Every time I pick it up it makes me smile and the images are brilliant.

I’m kicking myself for not spending the extra money for the M10-P this time last year when I purchased my first digital M, and now can’t justify upgrading to swallow the loss from the M10.

M11-P if released will be very tempting.

Edited by LondonL

Personally I really don't get the "P" thing at all and I know I am in a minority here, but it's OK. It's the same camera sans red. I don't see the point really, unless one is really afraid that the red dot will make the camera more of a target for thieves; incidentally I disagree: either the thief is a connoisseur, in which case, red dot or not he knows that this is a Leica, or he is not and he is after any camera anyway. I like the elegance of understatement as much as the next guy, but one would be hard pressed to call the Q a flashy camera anyway. As usual, different strokes for different folks:)

• Thanks 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

3 hours ago, acg69 said:

Personally I really don't get the "P" thing at all and I know I am in a minority here, but it's OK. It's the same camera sans red. I don't see the point really, unless one is really afraid that the red dot will make the camera more of a target for thieves; incidentally I disagree: either the thief is a connoisseur, in which case, red dot or not he knows that this is a Leica, or he is not and he is after any camera anyway. I like the elegance of understatement as much as the next guy, but one would be hard pressed to call the Q a flashy camera anyway. As usual, different strokes for different folks:)

Besides the red dot delete: It has a completely different soft-touch matte paint finish, Leica script on top, unique brown leather strap, two batteries, and redesigned power switch and shutter button assembly. But IMO, the finish is the main reason to own one – incredible feel to it unlike anything Leica has ever produced before or since. It feels like a much softer version of black chrome on brass. You'd have to handle one to understand.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, hdmesa said:

Besides the red dot delete: It has a completely different soft-touch matte paint finish, Leica script on top, unique brown leather strap, two batteries, and redesigned power switch and shutter button assembly. But IMO, the finish is the main reason to own one – incredible feel to it unlike anything Leica has ever produced before or since. It feels like a much softer version of black chrome on brass. You'd have to handle one to understand.

I stand corrected then! I haven't touched / seen one, hence my comment!

• Like 1