NoctiGirl Explains the Leicavit

On 1/12/2022 at 1:33 PM, 250swb said:

I think you could justifiably think the time has come to slit your wrist and say bye bye to the world rather than watch this video to the end.

The video is much more palatable at 1.5X speed. I almost finished it...

• Haha 1

My reaction video to this video in one frame.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Al Brown
  • Haha 2

One thing needs to be known out there. 

The Black Leicavit MP (original) is an extremely rare object. It was made in very small numbers for the professional market, was made to match the original Black MP, with the very same paint.

The original Black MP, due to its rarity, always commanded an extreme premium.

However (!) due to lack of serial numbering on the old Leicavits, and lack of proper knowledge from the modern Leica market, it has become very easy to counterfeit a silver Leicavit that was worth 1000-2000$ Until recently, paint it Black by those skilled Asian shops, and resell it for 5-6-10,000$. 

I mean; how easy and given can that be: a premium for Black Paint on an item without any real protection by its serial number. Crazy.

Now here is the truth: a real Black Paint original Leicavit MP had this specificity: it had only TWO engraved lines on its back, as opposed to Three for the silver Leicavit. This was the difference.

Also, this finally explains why all those black “original” Leicavit-MP all have these different paints. They’re all repaints. Of course, there are a few factoty repaints, but even those are probably very few, not nearly many as the Asian market is churning them out from Ali-Baba’s cave.

keep this in mind: the original Black Leicavit-MP are extremely rare, like hen’s teeth. And they have 2-line engraving, not 3. This was intended by Leica.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2