Deciding the next one

Osephj

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello,

My name is Joseph. I'm new to the forum. I am a hobbyist photographer currently seeking a new to me camera. Currently, I own a less than a handful of film cameras, and two digital cameras: a 5d classic, and a fujifilm xt4. I've owned an M240 before and it was a extremely pleasant piece of gear.

I'm here to ask questions about where I should go forth with my next choice of equipment. I really enjoyed shooting with a Leica M240, it was an awesome platform that I felt at home with. I feel that shooting with mirrorless is awesome, however, I feel disconnected in terms of overall shooting feel. I also really enjoy shooting film.

I'm facing two different avenues of where I should go with my next camera. The M10 or an M6. I really like the capabilities of what the M10 offers, however, in terms of longevity, I would believe an M6 would be on top. I do like shooting film, including the processes behind it. I would have more money to put towards lenses if I did go for an m6 instead. 

Please enlighten a confused hobbyist lol thank you

Hello Joseph, if You still own M-lenses, go for the M10. You have some film cameras, as You write, so I think You should go for the M10. I use my IIIf, M4 and M7 to shoot film from time to time, but the M10, in my opinion is the camera that comes as close as possible to a vintage style of shooting pics. I even use a collapsable Elmar lens from 1936, with an adapter ring - works perfectly. And the M 10 is a solid build for many many years I think.

• Like 1