The Leica M11 images thread

Al Brown

Advertisement (gone after registration)

APO 35 M

• Like 9

And a lovely old Herreshof sloop, with modern rigging, somehow made it up and over the Charles River Dam and under bridges to be on display with all the dinghies.  Apparently distinguished alumni and guests get boatrides at Commencement.

• Like 4

The Vessel, Hudson Yards, NYC.

WATE, F8.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by tashley
  • Like 9

No, it's not a 6'x6' polaroid camera.

• Haha 2

Some things are done just because you can:

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I took out an old Summaron 3.5cm f/3.5 over the weekend... 

It wasn't in the best condition when I got it, needed very careful cleaning of the elements due to excessive haze. Regrease of the helicoids also. It's an interesting lens, but I don't see it as very practical at all. It took a while for me to figure out how to remove the focus stiction caused by the focus ring alone. The just behind the focus ring is a thin plastic shim which just didn't behave well dry, or greased. Yesterday I tried a very small amount of wax, and that seems to have done a lot to smooth things up. It would be nice to replace this with teflon but I'm in the wrong country to find something like that. 

Anyways. Not a practical lens besides for its size. Plenty of field curvature. Sharp and contrasty around the greater central area, which is quite impressive. 

Wide open with strong sun from the right... with an original 1950's Leica UVa filter! 

Edited by hmzimelka
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, hmzimelka said:

It wasn't in the best condition when I got it, needed very careful cleaning of the elements due to excessive haze. Regrease of the helicoids also. It's an interesting lens, but I don't see it as very practical at all. It took a while for me to figure out how to remove the focus stiction caused by the focus ring alone. The just behind the focus ring is a thin plastic shim which just didn't behave well dry, or greased. Yesterday I tried a very small amount of wax, and that seems to have done a lot to smooth things up. It would be nice to replace this with teflon but I'm in the wrong country to find something like that. 

Anyways. Not a practical lens besides for its size. Plenty of field curvature. Sharp and contrasty around the greater central area, which is quite impressive. 

Wide open with strong sun from the right... with an original 1950's Leica UVa filter! 

Worth every moment!!!

• Thanks 1

shooting from the hip with the WATE (the guy to the right 😉)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

some more

• Like 2

sorry, I could not resist... I can't help but imagine this guy my age. A Leica M camera in the right hand, a glass of Dom Pérignon in the left - and this kind of grumpy face.

• Haha 4

vor 3 Stunden schrieb hmzimelka:

But the results are good. Big like for the first one.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, anickpick said:

A member just asked me via PM: "Don't you have to ask people for permission to put their images online ?"

I actually do not know.

Does anyone have any advise? 

It varies in different countries. In the UK if someone is in public they’re in public.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, scott kirkpatrick said:

Not in the US, outdoors in a public place.  Just don't put the images to commercial use.

Ah this is what I was getting at, so the operative words are 'in public' and not images then used for 'commercial use'. That seems clear enough and makes sense. So I shall have to start clicking differently! Thanks.

• Like 1

My favorites...M11 with Noctilux 75

Edited by HPFM
  • Like 3

to be continued... M11, Noctilux 75

• Like 4