Just a test

benqui

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I tested the Hasselblad 907x with the 2.0/90 Apo-Summicron for the first time. Maybe not the best idea to put this lens on a medium format camera, but I really like the result. And I was lucky that my son was in the mood for a portrait (which is approx. 2 times/year) 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 19

vor 14 Stunden schrieb MaticB:

I'm curious, since you using both of them - Hasselblad 907x and Q2 - how would do you compare file quality in terms of colour reproduction, tonality, sharpness...

Many thanx, Matic

Not so easy to compare both, the systems are really different. The AF is faster at the Q2 and you have face detection, which you do not find with the 907x. Both have a beautiful color reproduction, I like a bit more the colors of the 907, almost no need for postproduction. The XCD lenses are very very sharp, also the very compact 4/45. For street and if you need a fast camera, I would choose the Q2. But for portrait shootings the 907 with the XCD lenses is really special, I like it very very much. It is so much fun to use it. But you need the handgrip.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Bateleur:

Its a great portrait all the same, the shadow is wonderful.

Glad you like it Charles!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, benqui said:

Not so easy to compare both, the systems are really different. The AF is faster at the Q2 and you have face detection, which you do not find with the 907x. Both have a beautiful color reproduction, I like a bit more the colors of the 907, almost no need for postproduction. The XCD lenses are very very sharp, also the very compact 4/45. For street and if you need a fast camera, I would choose the Q2. But for portrait shootings the 907 with the XCD lenses is really special, I like it very very much. It is so much fun to use it. But you need the handgrip.

Glad you like it Charles!

Many many thanx. I really appreciate the answer of real users, not just "youtube" vlogers. I like my Leicas M240 and Q2, but consider also Hasselblad 907 from real reasons you quoted!

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thank you Matic! The 907 is for sure not a camera for everyday and I never thought that I like to take photos without a viewfinder, but it works very good. The 4/45 photos can be cropped without any problems. If you have the possibility to test one, give it a try!

Edited by benqui
  • Like 1

vor 3 Stunden schrieb oliviersm:

Impressive image circle. My 75mm summi and 50mm nocti both had very hard vignetting on the GFX50R.

I also tried it with the pre asph Summilux 1.4/35 and the 2/50, but I also had a very strong vignetting. The 90mm was the only lens with a good result