TL2 left wheel how to set for focussing enlargment?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Good evening,

I bought a second hand TL2. Now I want to use M-lenses on it with the adapter and use the left wheel to enlarge the focus in the finder or on the screen.  I just can’t find how to set the wheel. Could anyone please help?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Klassika

Problem solved! After I cleaned the contacts from the adapters and camera, it works on both adapters, the M to T and the M to L.

Thanks for reading, I hope it helps other photographers who run in to this kind of problem. Have a nice weekend.

Edited by Klassika
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 1/8/2022 at 8:23 PM, Dopaco said:

Glad you fixed it.

Instructions for this are found in the Manual Page 156, 157.

In addition, see page 138 to set left dial function, press left dial rectangle and select Focus Aid.

Also Focus Aid must be one of the 6 enabled functions (General Settings / Left Dial…)

Last part not in the manual.

I’m also learning the TL2… 🙂

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I am new to the TL2. I bought a second hand TL2 which looks like mint but I was told it was refurbished. I put on a brand new Leica M to L adapter and a almost new 35mm Summicron ASPH. I found only the A and M mold is on. Also the screen does not show any aperture information. Is this normal? I would assume at least the aperture information should be on the screen. 

Anybody who can help me with some pics showing what the correct display should be? 

Thanks

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

This is normal.

The adapter only transfer a static value, the lens type information only.

There is no way for the camera to detect set aperture.

So manual mode or aperture mode with M lenses, I use manual only and check exposure with live histogram.

Edited by MattiasAndersson

1 hour ago, MattiasAndersson said:

This is normal.

The adapter only transfer a static value, the lens type information only.

There is no way for the camera to detect set aperture.

So manual mode or aperture mode with M lenses, I use manual only and check exposure with live histogram.

Thanks a lot for the clarification. I just went to the DC store to check it out and get the same answer. The reason I brought this issue up is also due to my experience with a third party adapter called Akrirood. When this adapter was put on, all mode were actually lit and "functioning''. For example, the Scene mode allows you to choose all the sub scenes and the P mode allows you to take pictures. So I assumed that with the original Leica adapter, the adapter should allow you to do a bit better than this third party one, like displaying the aperture information at least. All in all, I donot know whether it is justifiable to keep the Leica original adaptor. Please let me know what you think. Thanks again. 

Mine’s all litted up. Third-party $15 adaptor. 

In 2017, I bought the T (701) and the original Leica M-adaptor L. I realised there is no need to shell out and this time round, I stuck with the humble china-made Fotasy. Using this cheap adaptor, I shot the Leica SL and 21 lux M on f1.4 and they are tack sharp.

The photos below are the same adaptor mounted:

Photo 3 with Nikon AF-S 300mm f4 IF-ED with the Nikon F-Leica M adaptor. So I stacked 2 adaptors. Mamot in Kashmir & Jammu, India. All were litted up. 

Photo 4 & 5 with 7 Artisans 35f5.6 pancake lens that cost me $43 used. Old Delhi, India street scenes. All litted up.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by northernlights