Leitz VOOYK

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi

I've seen a couple of photos on a Russian site of an all chrome VOOYK enlarger lens but nothing anywhere about a black and nickel version I have. Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Nice find.  Code Vooyk does not seem to be listed in prewar or postwar catalogs, nor in Laney and other summary publications.  A Focomat I, Ia,  II or IIa (VOOWI-VAROB and VOMAT-VAROB later VOOFA-VAROB)  are  listed and said to have a "special" 50/3.5 VAROB with special screw-in mount. Could this be the Vooyk as it may have only been available in conjunction with the enlarger, not separately? Thus no need for a catalog code. The "special" feature was in some way related to allowing auto-focus on these enlargers. I also may have just been a f stop spacing change to match the enlarger autofocus mechanism.  Can you check the rear thread, is it 39mm? Can we see the f stop spacing pattern compared to a standard VAROB?  Can you show a photo of the all-chrome version? Interesting.

Edited by alan mcfall

Alan, it has the standard 39mm LTM mount, here is another photo together with the all chrome one the internet.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Blueshed
  • Like 1

On further thought, I don't think the f stop setting is related to the auto focus cam mechanism of the enlarger. A regular VAROB has the front lens very close to the front edge, yours seems to show it is quite recessed, perhaps there is an optical cell difference for this lens.