Advertisement (gone after registration)

Can i use this kind of lens hood on any elmar 35?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

I do not see any reason that one cannot use this hood but remember that it was designed for the enlarger with use of the Elmar 50 mm lens. It has the convenience in that you can change the f stop without digging your finger to the sliding adjustment near the lens. One thing to check is if the f stops line up as it was designed for the 50 mm Elmar Lens when using it on the enlarger. I have used one hood very much like this on my Elmar 35 mm lens but have to be careful as the f stop numbers do not quite line up with the numbers on the barrel. I often check the actual f stop by looking into the hood where the actual f stop is viewed. I especially like using it with the 19 mm yellow filter Leitz made (or the other filters as appropriate) as this filter makes it more difficult to move the f stop slide close to the lens. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ironringer said:

Actually it is called a VALOO aperture control hood, made for easy adjustment of the aperture of the 5cm Elmar on an enlarger. But it does work as a lens hood, as well. Filters can be mounted on the front.

Are you sure? I thought this was a VALOO

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 2 weeks later...