Bought a 90-280

Gavin Cato

Finally got to use it at a wedding. Worked well. Love the compression you get over my normal length lenses.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 4

On 1/9/2022 at 1:35 PM, Gavin Cato said:

Finally got to use it at a wedding. Worked well. Love the compression you get over my normal length lenses.

I think you can actually see a fly on the grooms back. Amazing

Some shots I took with 90-280 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I bought it last year and I couldn’t be happier! Back in the DSLR days, a 70-200 f/2.8 was a no-brainer for most  photographers.. now this 90-280 is around similar size and weight.. just cuz we’re in the mirrorless era, we look for lighter gear.. I had the Panasonic 70-200 f/2.8 at first and didn’t want the heavy Leica 90-280 initially but then the Panasonic lens had power issues with SL2, BBF won’t work and so on.. the 90-280 is just a perfect complement to the 24-90.. I’d sell my SL75 if it came to that in the end but never the 90-280 as long as I am with the SL system. I just wish leica would make a sweet TC for it 😀

Edited by aksclix
Typo
  • Like 1

On 12/29/2021 at 3:08 PM, Gavin Cato said:

Local store had 15% off a lot of Leica stuff. It was still a staggering amount of money but I thought at 15% off I could buy it and resell it later with minimal loss if I didn't gel with it.

Holy hell what a lens. It ain't going anywhere :)

I've owned the canon 70-200/2.8 mk2 before, and this thing is another beast entirely. The output from it honestly looks like a biggish prime.

Been a while since I've owned a big lens so was a bit startled at the size but it feels great in the hand. Build quality obviously exceptional.

I don't have any actual shoots until the 8th of Jan so I'll shoot the kids with it in the meantime. My idea of it at weddings is to get couples out in fields and use the tele compression at 280 odd mm to get something a little different to my competition. 

Congratulations.............good for you ! It's a superb lens and I don't think you'll sell it so long as there is a L series body in your kit. 

Took the attached yesterday between stormy weather spells while walking along the Boise river near our home. How can one not love this lens.

JZG

• Like 2