M6 Panda question

Hello Mirko,

Consider the Panda as upgraded Panda.

I'm not aware that Leica released (as such) M6 with silver logo, but why not it's easy one minute task to replace logo red/silver/black.

one funny M6 here

black logo following

Oh Oh Oh, I remember now

silver, I rub out the red from the logo to do justice to this titanium coated M6

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

9 hours ago, lmans said:

Cool....my Panda M6 has a red dot.....   There has been some 'lost history' concerning the Panda and dates manufactured / serial numbers etc...and now we have a new mystery of a silver dot. How cool is that....two mysteries now....jim

I know some M6 panda users that changed their dot to black ones. I think its a pretty common modification for these M6s

There used to be a gentleman who 'sold' black round dots to place over the red ones. I know I have his name from someplace but can't find it now. But apparently Leica wasn't too pleased with him and stopped him from doing that. He or someone now, might be selling black dots with no Leica in the dot or one can simply make their own with a piece of black electric tape.

I don't mind the red dot, but....when street shooting....I also don't mind having tape over the red dot.... jim

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I had an M6 Classic that had a black dot with the Leica script, the LCE Leica guy told me that they were from a different part of the Leica business and weren't supposed to be used on cameras. FWIW one of my M9s has a black dot the other 2 have red ones. I did buy a red one for the M6 but never bothered to fit it. TBH it doesn't really bother me and since I sold the M6 in favour of an MP it doesn't matter now anyway. Edited by Topsy
Photo added
  • Like 1