Looking to get this Cable for the S 007( Not sure if it will work with the S 007)

rollsman4

Advertisement (gone after registration)

This is from red Dot 2012. Will this work on the pocket wizard Plus 3 to my S 007 Camera to trigger the camera with the Pocket wizard?   Thanks 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Hello. No cable needed. PW 3 with Nikon pins will work fine in the hot shoe as a transceiver. Should fire flashes just fine. Depending on what light source you are using, another PW 3 and cable may be needed in the light (mono light or speed lite) to sync tranceiver with light. If you are using a power pack strobe, the transmitter PW trigger and sync cord plug into the power pack and sync with the transceiver on the camera hot shoe. Hope this helps.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Although in all the online shops I have checked they have the wrong picture of the S007 cable release (they have the picture of the cable with the red plastic, which is for the S2), as they have indicated, the valid cable for the S007 (and S3) is the one with the blue plastic next to the Lemo plug and its Leica code number is 16029.

Regards.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/27/2021 at 7:29 AM, helged said:

The cable you are looking for is not generally available.

I got both of these cables (plus a spare of the small 16029, as mentioned above) with my recently purchased 007 but as I don't see myself using them I'll be listing them on ebay.co.uk tonight. I figure that I might as well recoup some money rather than having them sitting in the box unused!  

They're quite costly:-

LEMO FLASH SYNC CABLE FOR LEICA S (AS OF TYP 006) has an RRP of £190.00

USB 3.0 - CABLE 5M FOR LEICA S (AS OF TYP 007) has an RRP of £270.00

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Thanks 1