Remove my attachments from Leica Forum

fiddlefoto

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Some months ago I requested, by email, the removal of attachments I posted from years past. The request was, well, partially honored by Leica Forum. One image of that  group is still showing even though it was included in the request. ???

As I will no longer participate in Leica Forums, I have formally requested, again by email, for the removal of all my attachments/images. After weeks of the second of two written requests, my images are still on LF.

Having read the Forum Rules–unfortunately after the fact–I know about the unlimited time use claim*. Perhaps that’s necessary for when a member disappears or forgets what they’ve posted. But the intransigence by Leica Forum to honor my request is suggestive of appropriation.

There is terrific photography posted on Leica Forum by some excellent photographers. Unfortunately Leica Forum is another social media platform on which contributions by its membership is seemingly considered as product for LF, rather than the rightful property of the contributor.

Prove me wrong. Remove all my attachments/images.

*The exact sentence is: ‘If a member publishes pictures in a forum, he puts them up for discussion and grants the right of use within the forum for an unlimited amount of time.’  —LF Forum Rules

PS.  Like the Privacy Policy, the Forum Rules should be required reading before a membership is activated.

I can see that someone has been through and deleted lots of your earlier shots, but there were several that you added only last month. Why would you add more to the Forum in November if you objected to the Forum rules?

I have now individually hidden all 82 of your posts, going back to 2016, including these new images.

This post should be the only one of yours visible on the forum.