Leica Macro-Adapter-M?

Mikep996

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Does anyone use the Leica Macro-Adapter-M?  I'm curious if it will work with the 50mm Sumicron, the 90mm tele Elmarit, or the 90mm Elmarit M.  I read some reviews on line but they were not very clear and seemed to indicate it was designed to work with a specific Leica 90mm f4 lens.  I don't need/want additional lenses but am interested in the adapter IF it will work with lenses I own.

Thanks for any info!  

Edited by Mikep996

52 minutes ago, Mikep996 said:

Does anyone use the Leica Macro-Adapter-M?  I'm curious if it will work with the 50mm Sumicron, the 90mm tele Elmarit, or the 90mm Elmarit M.  I read some reviews on line but they were not very clear and seemed to indicate it was designed to work with a specific Leica 90mm f4 lens.  I don't need/want additional lenses but am interested in the adapter IF it will work with lenses I own.

Thanks for any info!  

Hi

how well do you define well? 

i used this macro with my 50 apo, whose MFD is 0.7m

get the focus quite closer than when used with my 90mm konica whose MFD is 1m

1 hour ago, Mikep996 said:

Thanks for any info!  

i use it with 50 summilux M asph and 90mm apo summicron M, no issues.

Two types of Macro-Adapter-M:

this link to Wiki page

• Manufacturer's description - The universal solution for close-up photography with the M-System
    • "The Leica Macro-Adapter-M and the Leica Macro-Elmar-M form a convenient solution for close distance photography using the live view function of the Leica M (Typ 240). This combination extends the field of application of the M camera to macro photography up to reproduction ratio of 1:2 by allowing focusing down to 41cm.
    • As the Macro-Adapter-M is also compatible with other M lenses, it offers Leica M photographers an even wider range of opportunities for creative composition and additional variety in reportage portfolios. With Leica lenses from 50mm and longer, it enables macro photography up to a reproduction ratio of 1:2 and, with wide-angle lenses, even larger ratios."

https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/231388-new-macro-converter-with-other-lenses/

https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/231388-new-macro-converter-with-other-lenses/?do=findComment&comment=2640278

then older version only for Macro-Elmar-M 4/90

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!