Leica D-Lux Typ 109 with self-timer and remote

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi all, sorry if this is a silly question.

I like to take self-portraits and so the ability to connect my D-Lux to my phone and use it as a way to see myself/as a remote is very helpful. However, I can't seem to figure out how to use the "Leica FOTOS" app to actually trigger the self timer. On my camera I have the self-timer set to ten seconds but when I press the app's shutter button it still takes the photo immediately. I have noticed that if I hold down the virtual shutter button it seems to initiate some kind of countdown on the camera's screen; however, that countdown is canceled if I release my finger from the button on the app.

Is it simply not possible to use the self-timer in conjunction with the Leica FOTOS app, or am I missing a step?

Thank you,

Rebecca

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Hi Rebecca, welcome to the forum.

Completely off topic, how old is your Typ109 as it has different style of buttons on the back and looks more like an LX100 than a Typ109. Mine has the regular rectangular buttons whereas yours has round. Just curious and enjoy the camera it was my "gateway drug" to the world on Leica.

As David says above it sounds like a question for Leica support.

• Like 1

On 12/17/2021 at 5:45 AM, wda said:

Rebecca, welcome to the forum.

I suggest you put the question to Customer Support at Leica. Fotos presents a number of problems and the designers need to have evidence in order to improve the aid.

Thank you! I hadn't really considered going to support for this issue because I didn't think they could/would do anything about it, but it doesn't hurt to try.

• Like 1

On 12/17/2021 at 9:02 AM, DaveMo said:

Hi Rebecca, welcome to the forum.

Completely off topic, how old is your Typ109 as it has different style of buttons on the back and looks more like an LX100 than a Typ109. Mine has the regular rectangular buttons whereas yours has round. Just curious and enjoy the camera it was my "gateway drug" to the world on Leica.

As David says above it sounds like a question for Leica support.

I don't know how old it is, I bought it from eBay and I can't even view the listing anymore. I'm now wondering if it isn't genuine (I went so far as to try to use it with the Panasonic imaging app just to see if I could make something like that work in my favor, haha). Is there a way to find out how old the camera is?

I love my Leica M6, shooting film is my preference, but I also just love tiny compact cameras that have things like aperture rings, they're nice for little snapshots. 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thanks for the reply Rebecca,

I would imagine the easiest way would be to contact Leica Customer support with the serial number and they should be able to tell you a little more about it. It looks like back off of an LX100 with the round buttons and the labeling but the two camera bodies are a different profile as the Typ109 has rounded ends whereas the LX100 is squared off . Might be worth an email to get it checked out because I'm kinda curious about its origin too.

Please let us know if you do learn more about it.

Dave