Leica meetings 🤔🤔

Lenny49

13 hours ago, Lenny49 said:

What happened too the Leica meetings, Yes I know COVID was and still is but seems very few people seem to be interested,Would think with size of Leica forum would be more meetings. Maybe another site which I’m missing. 

I can only speak for myself but it's been a combination of lockdowns, emerging Covid variants and the risk of catching them or unwittingly infecting others, and quarantine restrictions if travelling abroad.

I don't think you're missing other sub-forums on this forum and only other site that comes to mind is 'The Leica Meet 'group on Facebook Meta that regularly meets around the world and their most recent was in London in October.

Pete.

Edited by farnz

4 hours ago, Lenny49 said:

Ok Thank you Pete, Meta never heard of it but will take a look, Yes I quite agree been a tough 2 years for everyone and not over yet😩😩

Reguards Leonard 

Hi Leonard,

I understand that Mark Zuckerberg has changed the name of Facebook to "Meta".

Pete.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

... and no sooner had I mentioned The Leica Meet on Facebook than it has announced that owing to changes in FB's Groups rules that grants open access to all FB members to all Groups and removes the ability to control who the group is visible to, The Leica Meet FB will close on 22 Dec. 

Pete.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe the FB Leica Meet group found a solution. 

As for FB changing its name to Meta ... a lot like Windscale changing its name to Sellafield ... still the same carcinogenic, toxic place, but you need it (to stay in contact with all your friends and family). 

• Thanks 1