Any ideas what this - light leak? or something else

On 12/12/2021 at 5:06 PM, svenjurgenson said:

Hi Leica Forum

I have a Leica M4-P which I use mainly with a Summicron DR. Ive started to notice on a few frames per roll that I get a band (darker area) running across the same part of the frame as attached. This isn't scanning related as visible on the negative. Ive tried to identify the exact circumstances that this occurs but its inconclusive including is it when I change lens / use of filter on the front / bright light plus angle of light. Ive ruled most of these out but it does seem to mainly occur in brighter light situations but not always at same angle to light source. Is this a standard light leak or can this happen from filter usage? Many thanks 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I have exactly the same problem with M4-2 for years now. One of the last left LCA technicians was looking after it. He told me it is curtains. Others with similar problem have sent it to D.A.G. and it was main light baffle felt bars. D.A.G. replaces entire  baffle assembly. Curtains or this... $$$.