Q2 + ?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I bought a Q2 about a year ago, & I just love it!, it is such a joy to use. 

I have been a Nikon user for a number of years, & have a Z6, with a nice selection of lenses geared towards portraits & sports photography. My daughter is beginning to take photography more seriously & I’m thinking of gifting the Z6 to her.

So…. Whilst the Q2 is a thing of beauty I do need the ability to have interchangeable lenses, my question to the forum is whether the SL2-S (with the kit lens) would make a sensible compliment to the Q2?, otherwise I might just end up with a Nikon Z7ii, which is of course capable, but not a Leica!

All opinions welcome…..

Sl2-S or SL2 has the advantage of: same menue system, same UI logic like Q2, same battery, comparable color.

Z7II - you know what you get from using the Z6, a major advantage is that the Nikon lenses are reasonable lower priced and still very good.

You get slightly better AF tahn SL2-s but you get a different UI aand differemt (IMO less intuitive) menue system, and colors out of Nikon are not allways up to Leica cameras out of hte camera (for my taste).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome and if you have the funds to kit yourself out with Leica lenses, the the SL2-S is a worthy camera ... but be aware, once you start on Leica lenses, the M lenses are very capable and make for a smaller package than the Z and with so many to choose from, you start getting addicted to the different looks from different lenses. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have the 24-90 and for Xmas, got the 90-280. I would buy the SL 75 Summicron and the SL 50 Summilux but as I already have the M75 Summicron and Summilux and the M50 Apo, I find it hard to justify the native SL lenses. If starting new, I would look at the fixed focal length summicrons (f2) but the zooms are excellent. 

My favourite focal length is between 35 and 50 and is the 40mm where I use the Sigma M 40/1.2 but they have a SL version too. 

Edited by Sandokan

1 hour ago, Sandokan said:

I have the 24-90 and for Xmas, got the 90-280. I would buy the SL 75 Summicron and the SL 50 Summilux but as I already have the M75 Summicron and Summilux and the M50 Apo, I find it hard to justify the native SL lenses. If starting new, I would look at the fixed focal length summicrons (f2) but the zooms are excellent. 

My favourite focal length is between 35 and 50 and is the 40mm where I use the Sigma M 40/1.2 but they have a SL version too. 

Do you mean the Voigtlander?  Sigma does not make lens in M mount.

• Haha 1