Could Christmas still be Christmas without snow!

Louis

Advertisement (gone after registration)

CL + 35mm TL

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Louis said:

Ever since I moved to Florida; I miss the snowy landscapes so much!

I bet you don’t miss the cold freezing temperatures though.😉

Where about in Florida do you frequent?

Edited by Guest
Added question

2 minutes ago, OThomas said:

I bet you don’t miss the cold freezing temperatures though.😉

Where about in Florida do you frequent?

I am in South Florida, and believe it or not, even a freezing fresh air could be wellcome (not for long, though. ;) ). Long time ago, when I arrived to Miami, at UM, from Europe, I couldn't bear the heat and moved to north after a few months. But destiny decided that many years later, I  should make my home here! lol

Advertisement (gone after registration)

12 hours ago, Louis said:

I am in South Florida, and believe it or not, even a freezing fresh air could be wellcome (not for long, though. ;) ). Long time ago, when I arrived to Miami, at UM, from Europe, I couldn't bear the heat and moved to north after a few months. But destiny decided that many years later, I  should make my home here! lol

Lucky you. I would love to move to Florida, preferably somewhere close to Key West, but anywhere central/north east coast, between Port St Lucie and Jacksonville would be acceptable 😉

3 hours ago, OThomas said:

Lucky you. I would love to move to Florida, preferably somewhere close to Key West, but anywhere central/north east coast, between Port St Lucie and Jacksonville would be acceptable 😉

If you do speak Spanish, life goes more or less normal for you. I don’t and it is not always easy! 😅

3 hours ago, allamande said:

It is hard to get used this weird sense without the usual winter weather (i.e. snow!). I also find snowflake decorations on shop windows disturbing while it is sauna hot outside.

Ece

Snowflakes on the shop windows are, without any doubt, of a very poor taste. But for someone like me who grew up in Switzerland and spent the ends of the years on the mountain, skiing, and passing the evenings in the night clubs, having an onion soup at the end of the evening to warm up before going to bed; Christmas is always with snow. I find it so weird to spend this time of the tear in South Florida! :D 

In hot, dry Australian Christmases it's been difficult to get Christmas Cards to send to friends.  Silly cards from northern climes with snowy scenes of feeding reindeer and elves beavering away in front of a roaring fire.

Sense finally prevailed and we now have corny cards with kangaroos pulling Father Christmases through hot dry landscapes...quite amusing.  :D

• Haha 2