Antwerp meeting September 3/4 2022

pegelli

Advertisement (gone after registration)

So far 18 members have expressed interest to attend. Not all definite yes but enough to say this one will go ahead for sure if COVID and other world desasters allow.

Here's the list so far:

farnz, Paulus, mikemgb, Sandokan, StS, ianman, satijntje, japo, jaapv, earleygallery, Herman, Stef63, rjans, Michiel Fokkema, Alberti, Leicaboss, analogM and myself pegelli

Just post below in case you want to join as well or have to pull out so we can keep this list up-to-date.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb pegelli:

So far 18 members have expressed interest to attend. Not all definite yes but enough to say this one will go ahead for sure if COVID and other world desasters allow.

Here's the list so far:

farnz, Paulus, mikemgb, Sandokan, StS, ianman, satijntje, japo, jaapv, earleygallery, Herman, Stef63, rjans, Michiel Fokkema, Alberti, Leicaboss, analogM and myself pegelli

Just post below in case you want to join as well or have to pull out so we can keep this list up-to-date.

Did we already have an actual date? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Paulus said:

forgive me, but I only have September 3 in my diary. Is it two days?

So far we've said that we'll develop a program for a two day event but maybe not everybody will stay the two full days, however there are several people travelling from abroad and some have booked hotels. Mid May we're getting together with some locals to develop the detailed plan. Once we have that everybody can decide if they join both days or just one of the two.

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

7 hours ago, tonton said:

C'est très-très intéressant. Je parle très mal le néerlandais, et mon anglais est encore pire; mais ce serait une belle expérience si je pouvais me joindre à vous. J'aime Anvers et ce n'est pas un territoire inconnu pour moi 

Je suis sûr que nous pouvons trouver une solution, mon français est également très mauvais (je suis hollandais) mais peut-être que les autres Belges parlent mieux le français. Et sinon, nous devrons utiliser la langue des signes et Google Translate.

And for the non French speakers:

I'm sure we can find a solution, my French is also very bad (I'm a Dutchman) but maybe the other Belgians speak better French. And other wise we'll have to use sign language and Google translate.

• Like 1

vor 4 Minuten schrieb pegelli:

Je suis sûr que nous pouvons trouver une solution, mon français est également très mauvais (je suis hollandais) mais peut-être que les autres Belges parlent mieux le français. Et sinon, nous devrons utiliser la langue des signes et Google Translate.

And for the non French speakers:

I'm sure we can find a solution, my French is also very bad (I'm a Dutchman) but maybe the other Belgians speak better French. And other wise we'll have to use sign language and Google translate.

Language has never been a problem at Leica meetings 🙂

• Like 4

On 4/1/2022 at 9:29 AM, satijntje said:

Language has never been a problem at Leica meetings 🙂

Only the British speaking English are hard to understand :D 

John, hope the kids are coming ... but without cameras; the competition is too fierce from them :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 4/1/2022 at 1:24 AM, tonton said:

C'est très-très intéressant. Je parle très mal le néerlandais, et mon anglais est encore pire; mais ce serait une belle expérience si je pouvais me joindre à vous. J'aime Anvers et ce n'est pas un territoire inconnu pour moi 

Pas de probs pour la langue. Je suis parfait bilingue anglais/français (enfin… belge :)) et j’espère y participer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ianman said:

Merci, mais…. je ne suis forum Laika ici!?

Ps: Quelqu’un pourrait me dire comment faire rebondir une balle en apesanteur?

C'est la même chose que sous la gravité n'est-ce pas? 

Cependant, attraper le ballon peut être plus difficile pour un Irish Wolfhound (* 'chien loup irlandais' ou 'lévrier irlandais'?) en apesanteur, non? ^_^

(*I couldn't decide which might be the appropriate translation. 🤔)

Pete.

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, farnz said:

C'est la même chose que sous la gravité n'est-ce pas? 

j’imagine que la vélocité de la balle après le bond doit être plus grande sans la présence d’un corps qui y apposerai une force d’attraction opposée?

16 minutes ago, farnz said:

Cependant, attraper le ballon peut être plus difficile pour un Irish Wolfhound (* 'chien loup irlandais' ou 'lévrier irlandais'?) en apesanteur, non? ^_^

Hmmm, c’est probable en effet… je n’ai pas encore essayé et Mr Musk n’est pas interessé pour tenter l’expérience. Je dis “lévrier irlandais” mais je ne sais pas si c’est la graduation exacte.

I feel this trip to Antwerp could be interesting :)

• Like 2

On 4/4/2022 at 7:26 AM, Sandokan said:

Only the British speaking English are hard to understand :D 

John, hope the kids are coming ... but without cameras; the competition is too fierce from them :) 

Indeed, one of the memories of the Lisbon challenge. Beware of accompanying kids and spouses :)

Stefan

• Haha 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/13/2022 at 8:09 PM, pegelli said:

Let me throw out saturday May 7 at 14:00 for the prep meeting, place Café Storm, level 0 of the MAS.

I case that you prefer another date let us know.

And just to be clear: NOTE to all potential participants, this is just planning a preparation meeting with the Antwerp locals (rjans, Stef63, japo and pegelli), the main get together is still planned for september 3/4

Sorry, but on 7 May I have the solemn communion of a grandchild, and that is a priority. Please let me know how I can help later.
grts

jan

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, japo said:

Sorry, but on 7 May I have the solemn communion of a grandchild, and that is a priority. Please let me know how I can help later.
grts

jan

Thanks Jan, on May 7  I hope we will be able to sketch out a rough program for the two days and we'll send it to you so you can comment on it as well before we finalise.

And I wish you a very good celebration of the communion of your grandson, a special occasion indeed and more important than a Leica meeting

On 3/31/2022 at 7:06 AM, pegelli said:

Here's the list so far:

I’m a definite maybe on this, I still have a couple of details to work out but absolutely want to attend. 

• Like 2

On 3/31/2022 at 2:06 PM, pegelli said:

Here's the list so far:

Interested, will pencil it in. Great initiative.

• Like 1

• jaapv changed the title to Antwerp meeting September 3/4 2022