Antwerp meeting September 3/4 2022

pegelli

• 2 weeks later...
Am 18.12.2021 um 16:13 schrieb pegelli:

Thanks japo, having a knowledgable guide is always a good thing so your availability narrows down the possibilites.

Since no other restrictions have been reported so far my proposal would be to pencil in the weekend of 3/4 september 2022 as our top option.

For those of you that don't plan so far in advance there's no problem putting it on your calendar a few month from now when your planning horizon starts including september 2022 ;)

@japo Where do you live now and would it make sense to get together some time before to plan a more detailed schedule and route to walk?

as long as you do not actually walk in the city at this moment..😊.. There are to many Dutch people there already at the moment, avoiding their own lockdown measures in The Netherlands: https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2021/12/antwerps-governor-urges-dutch-visitors-to-stay-away-during-lockdown/

Exiting !  I live in and near Antwerp for more than 35 years.

This could be an unusual place to visit https://ruien.be/en/

And if there is interest I can organise (if the venue calendar allows it) a backstage and behind the scenes tour in one of the oldest and certainly the largest concert & rock temple of Europe : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sportpaleis

• Like 4

I feel a pre-meeting is in the air to prepare the route and places to visit  during the big meeting, I never knew there were so many forum members near Antwerp. That's great!

What do you think about that @rjans, @Stef63 and @japo, probably somewhere March/April when the weather gets a bit better and we're closer to the september date.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2022 at 1:07 PM, pegelli said:

I feel a pre-meeting is in the air to prepare the route and places to visit  during the big meeting, I never knew there were so many forum members near Antwerp. That's great!

What do you think about that @rjans, @Stef63 and @japo, probably somewhere March/April when the weather gets a bit better and we're closer to the september date.

looks good, but I am not in the country 15/3 to 30/4, so before or after this period if possible? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, japo said:

looks good, but I am not in the country 15/3 to 30/4, so before or after this period if possible? 

Thanks japo, don't know about the others but then early may might be better for a prep meeting. I'm out of the country from late may until mid june so that leaves a nice window to get together and make a plan.

Assuming we want to do this on a weekend how about may 7, 8, 14 or 15? How do any of these dates look to the Antwerp locals?

NOTE to all potential participants, this is just planning a preparation meeting with the Antwerp locals (rjans, Stef63, japo and pegelli), the main get together is still planned for september 3/4

Edited by pegelli
  • Thanks 1

On 1/16/2022 at 11:00 PM, pegelli said:

Thanks japo, don't know about the others but then early may might be better for a prep meeting. I'm out of the country from late may until mid june so that leaves a nice window to get together and make a plan.

Assuming we want to do this on a weekend how about may 7, 8, 14 or 15? How do any of these dates look to the Antwerp locals?

NOTE to all potential participants, this is just planning a preparation meeting with the Antwerp locals (rjans, Stef63, japo and pegelli), the main get together is still planned for september 3/4

At this moment May 7, 8, 14 or 15 is still possible for the prep meeting.

Best

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/5/2022 at 1:07 PM, pegelli said:

Let me throw out saturday May 7 at 14:00 for the prep meeting, place Café Storm, level 0 of the MAS.

I case that you prefer another date let us know.

And just to be clear: NOTE to all potential participants, this is just planning a preparation meeting with the Antwerp locals (rjans, Stef63, japo and pegelli), the main get together is still planned for september 3/4

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
Am 11.12.2021 um 18:52 schrieb mikemgb:

I just mentioned this to my wife, she’s already planning it, we’re in.  I believe any time August or September would work for us.

My wife also loves Antwerp, so she quickly booked a hotel room for us from 2-4th September (Hotel Matelote in the Haarstraat in the city center)
Looking forward meeting old and new friends again 
John

• Like 2

• jaapv changed the title to Antwerp meeting September 3/4 2022