Now available: Leica Q2 Reporter - Ultra-robust product variant with Kevlar armour

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Shade vs direct sun:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, tom0511 said:

is this the original strap? I suppose no?

Unfortunately the included strap is the same black strap from the regular Q2. The strap in the photo is the same one pictured in the Leica promo photos for the M10 Reporter. It's the Leica Paracord Strap by COOPH in the black color. I have the green version as well – it's not an exact match to the green of the camera, but it compliments it ok. Mine is the longer 126cm version, which is perfect for me for cross-body carry (6' tall, long torso). This is one of the best straps I've ever used for being able to rapidly lift and shift from cross-body to having the camera up to my eye and back down without it getting caught up on my clothes.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2021 at 4:39 PM, dorsk81 said:

Mine arrived yesterday.

Definitely feeling has nothing to do with wire wool. Nothing penetrate in the skin.

A distinct military appearance. Could easily be 'service' issue, providing they had a budget.

On 12/11/2021 at 9:43 PM, hdmesa said:

Shade vs direct sun:

Mine looks a darker green and not look at all like that colour - maybe it's the colour temperature of the photograph.  The Kevlar material covering is very good to hold.  The Reporter is a beautiful camera and the finish is perhaps difficult to accurately reproduce in a photograph.

Haven't decided on a strap yet.  The Harry Benz Safari might be a good choice.  I really like Harry Benz straps!

https://www.harrybenz.com/shop/the-safari

• Like 1

1 hour ago, T25UFO said:

Haven't decided on a strap yet.  The Harry Benz Safari might be a good choice.  I really like Harry Benz straps!

this company used to make a nice Kevlar camera strap dunno if they still do

https://www.convoyco.com/

https://www.muted.com/kevlar-camera-strap-black/

Edited by frame-it
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, T25UFO said:

Mine looks a darker green and not look at all like that colour - maybe it's the colour temperature of the photograph.  The Kevlar material covering is very good to hold.  The Reporter is a beautiful camera and the finish is perhaps difficult to accurately reproduce in a photograph.

In indoor lighting it is indeed darker. I need to shoot it with something other than an iPhone. It does brighten up considerably in direct sunlight, though.

I have two different tones/editions of Angelo Pelle camo straps that I hadn't thought about trying. I'll post some photos tomorrow in daylight.

Edited by hdmesa

Angelo Pelle cases and straps in complimentary colors. I still prefer the black COOPH Paracord strap over these.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, liggy said:

You guys are killing me here.  Mine was supposed to be here on the 26th.  Fedex still shows as "pending". They won't allow it to be changed to "hold for pickup" Grrr...

Seriously first world problem but I'm looking forward to this new toy. 

FedEx has told me in the past if it's been pending for several days, it may mean the package is lost, and while they submit a request for an investigation, I needed to let the merchant know. Hope it works out!

Edited by hdmesa
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, hdmesa said:

FedEx has told me in the past if it's been pending for several days, it may mean the package is lost, and while they submit a request for an investigation, I needed to let the merchant know. Hope it works out!

Yep - that’s what I was afraid of.  It’s happened to me before.  
Thankfully after 4 days of “pending” it’s scheduled for tomorrow.

Fingers crossed! 

• Like 2

On 1/1/2022 at 10:42 AM, hdmesa said:

That's a good sign for great 2022 :)

So far all FedEx has delivered to me is the middle finger. 🤬

Was supposed to have arrived Sunday.  Then Monday.  I asked Popflash to allow hold for pickup and they contacted FedEx.  Naturally FedEx refused and the “promise” it’ll be here today.  We’ll see…

15 minutes ago, liggy said:

So far all FedEx has delivered to me is the middle finger. 🤬

Was supposed to have arrived Sunday.  Then Monday.  I asked Popflash to allow hold for pickup and they contacted FedEx.  Naturally FedEx refused and the “promise” it’ll be here today.  We’ll see…

FedEx is pretty bad right now. I called the other day about a package, and due to "high package volume" they won't even send a message to the local site to look into something. Hope it works out.

• Like 1

FedEx comment: I've had some luck getting FedEx off their butts by asking snarky questions directed at FedEx on twitter.  An account called FedExHelp would then send me a direct message asking some questions about the delivery.   I don't know what they do, but on two occasions "lost" or otherwise undelivered items showed up shortly after my complaints.  Perhaps coincidence.  Perhaps not.

Good luck getting your package.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hdmesa said:

FedEx is pretty bad right now. I called the other day about a package, and due to "high package volume" they won't even send a message to the local site to look into something. Hope it works out.

Thanks!  We'll see how it goes.  It gets even better.  FedEx claims that the shipper requested a "return to shipper" instead of "hold for pickup" and now they are saying two different things.  One is that it'll be delivered today to Popflash.  The FedEx website still says it's coming to me.  WTF?!?

2 hours ago, SrMi said:

I was lucky. Mine arrived before Christmas, one day earlier than scheduled (via FedEx).

Well done and congrats!  I must have pissed them off.  :D

1 hour ago, marchyman said:

FedEx comment: I've had some luck getting FedEx off their butts by asking snarky questions directed at FedEx on twitter.  An account called FedExHelp would then send me a direct message asking some questions about the delivery.   I don't know what they do, but on two occasions "lost" or otherwise undelivered items showed up shortly after my complaints.  Perhaps coincidence.  Perhaps not.

Good luck getting your package.

Thanks - I posted a snarky comment on their FB page a couple of hours ago.  

To their credit:  Someone reached out to me very quickly.

Flip side:   They don't know sh1t.  And they promised a "senior manager" would contact me which surprisingly hasn't happened yet.  Sigh. 

3 hours ago, liggy said:

Thanks!  We'll see how it goes.  It gets even better.  FedEx claims that the shipper requested a "return to shipper" instead of "hold for pickup" ...

I've been told that before, and it freaked me out. Package still got delivered. It was some sort of misunderstanding at what I think was an overseas call center about what "return to shipper" noted on an item means. I think it's a default preference for the shipper's account in case the item can't be delivered.

Since your initial deliver date was supposed to be 12/26, the package is clearly lost. You need to ask Popflash to file a claim with the shipper and refund your purchase.

• Like 1