M10-R Black Paint Edition

Ouroboros

Advertisement (gone after registration)

58 minutes ago, Mikep996 said:

I thought all the BPs came without a red logo.  ?

They do. This one was a special order from DAG.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 hour ago, grahamc said:

Did you mod other things on the 10R BP , al ?

Sorry, should have written "cosmetic mods".
It got some brass stretchmarks, some special laser tattoos in white acrylic finish hand colored by me and an awesome black paint Match technical thumb rest from a swaggy Leica store in Coral Gables, Florida.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Al Brown said:

Sorry, should have written "cosmetic mods".
It got some brass stretchmarks, some special laser tattoos in white acrylic finish hand colored by me and an awesome black paint Match technical thumb rest from a swaggy Leica store in Coral Gables, Florida.

Nice !

On 12/8/2021 at 12:31 PM, Jeff S said:

There’s a difference between discontinued and sold out.  It’s not sold out.  

Jeff

Does anyone know if the black paint M10R is discontinued by B&H or by Leica? 

B&H sometimes discontinues/stops stocking an item that is still in production by the maker of the item - as they have done with all Billngham camera bags except for this one:  https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/products/Shoulder-Gadget-Bags/ci/174?filters=fct_brand_name%3Abillingham

1 minute ago, Herr Barnack said:

B&H sometimes discontinues/stops stocking an item that is still in production by the maker of the item - as they have done with all Billngham camera bags except for this one:  https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/products/Shoulder-Gadget-Bags/ci/174?filters=fct_brand_name%3Abillingham

Leica discontinues an item when production is done, presumably at 2000 in this case.  Whether individual dealers are sold out of their allocation is another matter, which can only be known by asking a knowledgeable dealer contact. It wouldn’t surprise me if a large dealer like B&H has a waiting list beyond any allocation, but that’s a guess.

Jeff

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Herr Barnack said:

The official Leica company webpage still lists the camera https://leica-camera.com/en-int/photography/cameras/m/m10-r-black-paint and so does Leica Shop in Vienna, which is 100% Wetzlar owned. One email to Leica can answer your question.

My M10-R BP just arrived, shown here with the 35mm fle. 

Still not sure if I will hold onto it, the dynamic range is a nice plus but it is a lot of megapixels. I find that the M10-P, which took these photos, has plenty of resolution for my needs. 

Edited by t_air_ee
  • Like 3

Received my 'new' BP M10R today - I had asked Josh to delay shipping a few days because we were out of the country.  The camera is absolutely mint/pristine.  It appeared to have never even been out of the packaging!  Very pleased with the camera and Josh/Miami Leica.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, those Delft houses remind me of my last trip to Amsterdam!  After all these decades it was the first time I flew in a 747 (and given the retirement of 4-engine planes lately, probably the last).  I selected House #67 from the nice KLM FA 🙂  

On 12/21/2021 at 1:09 PM, t_air_ee said:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Muso said:

Ah, those Delft houses remind me of my last trip to Amsterdam!  After all these decades it was the first time I flew in a 747 (and given the retirement of 4-engine planes lately, probably the last).  I selected House #67 from the nice KLM FA 🙂  

I have about 10 or 12 of those houses from flying KLM business class. No way will I ever fly enough to collect them all. Just buy them in Delft or eBay!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rtai said:

I have about 10 or 12 of those houses from flying KLM business class. No way will I ever fly enough to collect them all. Just buy them in Delft or eBay!

They are such a nice touch to flying KLM business. But it sure is a costly collection to build if you’re paying sticker price for the ticket, more expensive than collecting Leicas..

If you find yourself at Schiphol with a minute to spare, recommend to swing by the KLM lounge where they have them all nicely displayed behind glass. 

• Like 1

My BP 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, jakontil said:

Nice mate! Does it sit flushed with the body?

The M10-R BP does not have a protruding screw like some other models (it is flat), but it also does not have a recessed space for the logo dot. The sticker is so thin and firm though that it is not a problem of any sorts.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2022 at 5:08 AM, Muso said:

and given the retirement of 4-engine planes lately, probably the last

The only 4 engine plane that is retiring is the old line of 747, but the plane is still in production - 12 new orders last year, 455 remain in use.
Airbus A340 (128 remain in operation) and A380 are still faithfully flying for many airlines.