M10-R Black Paint Edition

Ouroboros

vor 18 Stunden schrieb Ouroboros:

Some people bought a black paint M10-R because they like it and couldn't give a toss about how much it might depreciate in value.

Me, for one.

Depreciated mine right away 😎 …and removed the base plate foil and the classification sticker.

Edited by RF’sDelight
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, CosmoM3 said:

Haha no point - just people are delusional while justifying a bad investment expensive purchase 

Says he who apparently owns the special edition M10-P Reporter. Seems you’re the one seeking justification of others’ purchases.  People buy what they like, for their own reasons. Some post those reasons on YouTube; others keep to themselves. But there are always reasons nonetheless.  No right or wrong.

Jeff

• Like 3

On 12/13/2021 at 9:08 PM, Ouroboros said:

Some people bought a black paint M10-R because they like it and couldn't give a toss about how much it might depreciate in value.

Me, for one.

Now me too!  

I just bought  an M10R BP from Josh/Leica of Miami..good folks!  :)

Edited by Mikep996

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 12/13/2021 at 10:05 AM, MrFriendly said:

Some people are buying the M10-R BP hoping that in a few years they'll be able to sell it for more than what they paid for because it's a 'collectors' item.  That's just not going to happen IMO.  Digital M cameras always depreciate. 

Every used digital M (not to mention analog) up to and including M240 has seen its used value increase over the last year and a half, some even dramatically. The way this trend is pushing at the moment there is a very legit chance that black paint M10-Rs could be worth more than the retail price well before 5 years time, partly also because of the quite limited number made.

4 hours ago, Al Brown said:

Every used digital M (not to mention analog) up to and including M240 has seen its used value increase over the last year and a half, some even dramatically. The way this trend is pushing at the moment there is a very legit chance that black paint M10-Rs could be worth more than the retail price well before 5 years time, partly also because of the quite limited number made.

i am not sure about that, I wish it were true. Even though I toyed with the idea for a while and said I would not do it, I have thrown in the towel eventually and traded my M10R for a black paint edition. It will be with me for a while.

Certified pre-owned, 1 year Leica warranty.  Josh advised me that they had received two directly from Leica "in box, as new" so, after several days and much dithering, I pulled the trigger.  It's the first Leica I have ever purchased that was a current production model.  All the others were no-longer produced when I purchased them.  Of course, the M10R will be one of those shortly...

I saw them online, and wondered if they were demos or cosmetically worn at all. If essentially new, surprising that he didn’t shop either successfully to anyone on their wait list, since he doesn’t anticipate new stock.

In any case, good for you… enjoy.

Jeff

7 hours ago, Al Brown said:

No doubt, I've seen the prices of used digital M cameras go up dramatically in the last year. The M8.2 is currently priced far more than what its worth in my opinion (and it's my favorite camera). However, I don't see any used regular production cameras selling used for the same or more than they were first sold new. I think the current price increases are more a reflection of our world economies and our rapid rate of inflation (at least in the US).

6 hours ago, 84bravo said:

However, I don't see any used regular production cameras selling used for the same or more

That is correct, but M10-R in black paint is no longer a currently produced version of the camera and it was a limited series (unnumbered) of 2000 according to Leica. Those two parameters are a strong indication that something is bound to happen with the price soon.

To add to the above quote: In Europe,  used current production black paint MPs  - because of scarcity and short supply - sell for the price of new.

"I saw them online, and wondered if they were demos or cosmetically worn at all"

Josh advised me that one had some marks and the other was "mint."  There was a $200 difference in the price to reflect that. I didn't ask but I assume they were demos since they came from Leica/still have a Leica warranty.  

Maybe those on a wait list are signed up or a new, unopened product rather than a demo or otherwise used?

4 hours ago, Mikep996 said:

Maybe those on a wait list are signed up or a new, unopened product rather than a demo or otherwise used?

They are, but they’ll stay in line forever unless they look elsewhere, as Josh doesn’t expect more new ones from Leica (as long as limit is 2000 bodies overall).  Anyone in line could have easily found one at another dealer, however, with a little bit of resourcefulness.  

Jeff

9 hours ago, Mikep996 said:

Josh advised me that one had some marks and the other was "mint."  There was a $200 difference in the price to reflect that. I didn't ask but I assume they were demos since they came from Leica/still have a Leica warranty.  

I bought the other one from Leica Miami last night! Can't wait to see it in person. I do already have an M10-P as a daily shooter, so depending on how I like the M10-R BP and what happens with prices for this model, I might put it up for sale again soon.

On 12/9/2021 at 10:00 PM, nodrog said:

Picked up mine this afternoon. The number is almost exactly 600 after yours, production date 26/10/21. Certainly not one of the last made, but no worries, I'm happy with it nonetheless. 

My production date is 27/10/21, but the serial number is a couple of thousand or so earlier than the ones being mentioned. So go figure. 

Got mine today. I like the little detail difference in the ISO and shutter dial knurling texture - a little wink (further) to the past. 

Mine will neither be protected, nor messed with. Just used. Each to their own of course. Happy shooting!

Wishing all M10-R Black Paint owners endless moments of fun with their precious camera! May it bring you as much joy as it does to me.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Al Brown said:

Wishing all M10-R Black Paint owners endless moments of fun with their precious camera! May it bring you as much joy as it does to me.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Very rare Leitz Edition. 😉

The single item I regret selling the most is my minty 8-element Summicron. One day I will find one worthy of replacement. 

I wish you every happiness shooting Al Brown.

• Like 1

On 12/13/2021 at 9:05 AM, MrFriendly said:

Some people are buying the M10-R BP hoping that in a few years they'll be able to sell it for more than what they paid for because it's a 'collectors' item.  That's just not going to happen IMO.  Digital M cameras always depreciate. 

I thought all the BPs came without a red logo.  ?